1.    #1  
    I got my Pre Plus from AT&T right after they became available. The store had no Touchstone's in stock, but said they'd ship me one, to go along with the promotion (free Touchstone). Has anyone actually received a touchstone from AT&T?

And don't even get me started about the rebate. I put in the paperwork for $100 rebate the day after bringing the new phone home. After 4 weeks, I got an email saying that they'd received my paperwork, and would process it in the next 8 weeks!!
    You should have brought the Pre at Amazon for a Penny!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckInReno View Post
    I got my Pre Plus from AT&T right after they became available. The store had no Touchstone's in stock, but said they'd ship me one, to go along with the promotion (free Touchstone). Has anyone actually received a touchstone from AT&T?

And don't even get me started about the rebate. I put in the paperwork for $100 rebate the day after bringing the new phone home. After 4 weeks, I got an email saying that they'd received my paperwork, and would process it in the next 8 weeks!!
    My store kept telling me "I don't know why the touchstone will come in." So I called 611 and told them the story. They proceeded to contact my store and told them to order one for me. After I hung up w/ 611, I got an email showing shipping for my touchstone. Got it free overnight.

You need to push them.

As for the rebate, I'm in the same boat as you. I got a text saying 8 more weeks. At least they didn't lose the paper work!
    Get one from radio shack or amazon for now. You'll end up wanting more than one anyway.
    Most the time with free items like that from places, you have to go back and remind them that you havent got the item yet, and most the time they say "oops" and didnt even have one on order for you.

As for rebates...yah they can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks total...my guess from the OP post is that it took 4 wks for process, youll get it in about 4 more weeks. This is how they make their money. They put the rebate in a bank, collect interest, then send you a check afterwards.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)