1.    #1  
    i cant seem to connect at all with my local isp number, but I connect every time using the VS ISDN. i'm wondering if this will cost me long distance charges since I have a texas regional plan. any ideas?

posted with my treo!
    Check your online statement, see if they're charging you. Or just call VS.
    Hi

I was wondering if the voicestream data number had been changed?

I've been using the settings jonecool posted along with the voicestream number 19132440821 for several weeks now without any problems before today.

All day today I get the following error message:

Error:Network busy,
    wrong dial-in-number
    or data services not
    enabled, (0x1102)

If this number is still ok and it is just a function of network traffic are there any other alternate numbers available?

Thanks
    This is most likely a network problem. Call Voicestream and speak with a data services tech. Back in June, the northeast was having major trouble, and in recent threads, it seems others are having similar problems.

Michael
    I haven' t had any problem with that number. In fact, I'm using it right now from NYC. But you might also try 203-434-9933.
    on friday here in bergen county, nj they told me there is no reported problems!!! yet 15 miles away in wayne nj it connects fine! no problem ??? voicestream has gotten very bad since t-moble the level of tech and customer service is very bad now!!
    First thanks to everyone who replied. At first I too thought that this was a network related problem but after checking my settings and spending some time with a data service tech support agent from T-mobile/Voicestream I started to think that there maybe some other cause than I ran across this related thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...655#post166655

Where I found out that regardless of what number gets placed in the network settings dialogue box nothing is actually being dialed. I placed my own home number there to verify this. My voice numbers dialed through the phone application all work fine, and SMS text messaging but nothing dialed through the network preferences screen work.

I'm stumped, I guess I will "have" to try handspring tech support next. All suggestions welcome, I have already tried disabling all hacks and resetting.
    I'm stumped, I guess I will "have" to try handspring tech support next. All suggestions welcome, I have already tried disabling all hacks and resetting.
    There was a period of a month or so when the numbers just wouln't work for me at all. So I had to go back to the a real dialup account. My best advice would just be to wait. Call up VS (I called HS, and they sent me to VS) if you wish, but in my experience you just have to wait it out. If you do anything, try removing and recreating the connection and network setup preferences using the settings dispersed on this board. It might work eventually.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer

There was a period of a month or so when the numbers just wouln't work for me at all. So I had to go back to the a real dialup account. My best advice would just be to wait. Call up VS (I called HS, and they sent me to VS) if you wish, but in my experience you just have to wait it out. If you do anything, try removing and recreating the connection and network setup preferences using the settings dispersed on this board. It might work eventually.

And from another thread you said:

Oh, so I meant to ask, what would cause this? How do I fix this? Do I call VS or HS?

Hello Kramsauer,

So your phones data services just started to work again out of the blue?

How long between the time your data services quit to the time they started working again?

I don't know if I believe in the "holistic" self-healing treo method

Tell me more........
    well, the data always worked. It just didn't work with the ISDN number. The connection you make to the ISDN number is different from a normal switched connection, hence the different inititialization string. But eventually, when I was just screwing around with the settings (basically just enterring them in exactly the same, over and over) it worked. I think it was a network/account problem.