1.    #1  
    Hi. I've tried to connect to the ISDN numbers from here in houston many a time. I've tried all the settings that I've found here in the forum. It doesn't work.

Connecting to the 203 number, I get a time out error when it is signing on. It doesn't ever seem to pick up dialing the 913 number.

I would like to put this issue to bed, so I'm asking you all two things:

If you are in Houston (or nearby) does it work?

If you are not in Houston, what number do you use? The 913? The 203? What happens if you just call those numbers from the phone screen? I get a common modem response from the 203, but a weird sound from the 913, it doesn't sound like a modem.
    New York area - both numbers work, although I use the 203 number.
    Slightly off topic: I had great success with Voicestream in Houston -- the network was never busy! In contrast, the network is often busy in Austin, especially 4-7PM.
    Guys, help me out. What is ISDN and how does it relate to Treo? I'm in upstate NY. Is it avail. here?

Muchas Gracias!
    Many companies offer two kinds of dialup -- modern modems (V.90) and ISDN (may be listed as 33K). You need to dial up to the slower/ISDN modem to connect.
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    Guys, help me out. What is ISDN and how does it relate to Treo? I'm in upstate NY. Is it avail. here?

Muchas Gracias!
    ISDN is a telephone technology that was a step above dial up and way below DSL. And cost way more than either for about 2-4 times the speed of dial up.

In this context, voicestream has a number (that we really aren't supposed to use), The "ISDN" number. You can set up your treo to call this number and get on line and surf the web. You can also check email, but depending on your ISP you might not be able to send email.

Do a search on this board for voicestream isdn, you should both the number and the setup you need to use it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.