Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Smartphone Data Plan Summary:

All new plans include unlt access to 20k AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots in the U.S.

*DataPlus: 200 MB $15/mo*

- for people who surf web, email and social networking apps

- 65% of ATT Smartphone cust use less than 200mb/month

- if you use more than 200 MB, you'll get additional 200 MB for $15

*DataPro: 2GB $25/mo

- designed to regularly download or stream music & video

- 98% of ATT smartphone users use less that 2GB a month average

- if u exceed 2GB, you get an additional 1GB for $10.

*Current smartphone customers are not required to switch to new plans

*Tethering is an option with the DataPro plan for additional $20 per month

How Do I Know what Data Plan is Best for my customer?

See the data calculator to help guide you and customers to the best data option:

Data Calculator

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...1&d=1275590692

My question is does this appl;y to blackberries??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is it true if I sign up for the soon to expire before june 7th tether plan I won't have to switch to one of the new plans?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is it true if I sign up for the soon to expire before june 7th tether plan I won't have to switch to one of the new plans?
    I believe the current data plan with tethering is actually $5 more. I'll try to find a link for you. I got it from ATT the other day, but it's bookmarked on another PC and there wasn't a live link on the ATT page yet...
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/03/2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe the current data plan with tethering is actually $5 more. I'll try to find a link for you. I got it from ATT the other day, but it's bookmarked on another PC and there wasn't a live link on the ATT page yet...
    Yes, but I think it's 5gb.

With the new plan, to get 5gb I think works out to cost more.

2gb data pro + tether is $45
    $45 for only 2gb of tether
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, I surely need to decide by tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer Center
    Question:
    What is Tethering?
    Answer:
    Tethering lets you use your wireless device, such as a BlackBerry® or Smartphone as a wireless modem for your PC. This will give you full access to the Internet and your email when you connect your device to your laptop via Bluetooth or USB cable.

If you have a BlackBerry® device, we offer BlackBerry®Personal with Tethering for $60 per month when added to an individual or FamilyTalk plan. This plan includes 5 GB of data usage.

If you have a Smartphone device, we offer Smartphone Personal with Tethering for $60 per month when added to an individual or FamilyTalk plan. This plan includes 5 GB of data usage.

Data usage over 5 GB will be charged at a rate of 0.00048/KB.
    So I can either get 2gb for $45, or 3gb for $55 or 4gb for $65.
    But if I lock in on the tether plan now I can get 5gb for $60.
    Just call me Berd.
    Good post.

My bill cycle ends tomorrow and I've used 212MB. If I cut my data usage a bit, the DataPlus plan could be practical for me.

However, I'll stay on the $30 "all you can eat" plan that I've had for a while now. I'll probably change plans later on, but for now, I'll keep my current plan.
    I'll also keep what I have, unless they kick me off.
    The guy I talked to today said the Plan I have isn't the correct one for a Pda.
    I have the unlimited family txt plus data for $30. I'm thinking I really should of gotten the 5gb tether plan before it wasn't available anymore.
    I guess I'm going to have to pay closer attention to my data usage.
    I surely don't want to give up At&t. I get fanatastic service where I live.

I still agree with so many here that say data is data. 2gb is 2gb whether I tether or not.
    Is it just me, or are you guys assuming the $60 tether plan included phone data? I tried doing a mock order before they switched. tether was an add-on... on top of the $30 phone data plan... so with new plan it's cheaper to get 5gigs, but more expensive to get 5 gigs ON TOP of of phone data plan's 2gigs...

Looks like they still have the 5gig $60 tethering plan for the netbooks and the usb adapters.
    ^ Thanks.

I was confused about that.

Well then...
    I'm honestly not that put out afterall.
    $45 for 2gb - tethering included - sounds a lot better
    You're fine paying an extra $20 for no increase in your data allowance?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ^ I'm not as put out as when I thought I shoulda got the $60 tether plan before it became unavailable. When now I see it woulda cost me $90 because $30 for pda plan +$60 to tether.
    $90 for 5gb vs 2gb for $45.
    You could have tethered on the unlimited $30 as long as you didn't go crazy. 2GB ain't for tethering.

BTW, I found the Cricket plan for laptops. $40 5GB and no overages, you just get throttled if you go over. A good deal!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yes, Cricket is what I'm thinken too.
    2gb for phone + 5gb cricket for laptop = 7gb for $65.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/09/2010 at 12:00 AM.
    This prolly is an amazing smart move for selling more iphones. I know a lot of friends who passed on getting a pda phone because they didn't want to add $30 per month to their bill.
    I found this for txting data usage;

*Services - Wireless from AT&T

The link may need fixing beings I posted it from my treo.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yep, it worked!
    Next Bill Cycle: 06/14/2010
    Data (MB): 768.3 of Unlimited
    Messaging: 107 of Unlimited
    The problem with the iPhone is people actually use the data fully. That's one reason why they should have left an unlimited option. They want people to go to wifi but that's not an option everywhere.

I saw that Netflix is coming to iPhone and Hulu may be coming to the iPad. Data caps at a time like this are bad, unless you really don't want to use these new apps. Obviously AT&T can't handle the traffic though, another reason they're doing this and pushing wifi only.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The problem with the iPhone is people actually use the data fully. That's one reason why they should have left an unlimited option. They want people to go to wifi but that's not an option everywhere.

I saw that Netflix is coming to iPhone and Hulu may be coming to the iPad. Data caps at a time like this are bad, unless you really don't want to use these new apps. Obviously AT&T can't handle the traffic though, another reason they're doing this and pushing wifi only.
    Truly a shame imo...I was kinda hoping to make a leap to ATT but this gives me pause and likely rules it out completely. I wouldn't call myself a power user because I use about a gig on my Pre and I use about a gig on my aircard.(Planning on dropping aircard)

So at that point I am at 2 gigs right there, not for accounting in the new features of the iphone such as the Netflix and possibly the HD taking up more data also.

Bummer they didn't add rollover to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The problem with the iPhone is people actually use the data fully. That's one reason why they should have left an unlimited option.
    That's exactly why they removed the unlimited option.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast