Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    From my Blackberry (previously Centro).
    I meant if you're using the iPad. I intended to use it on the road as a laptop replacement. Now I'm just tempted to use a phone with a large screen as an all-in-one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I meant if you're using the iPad. I intended to use it on the road as a laptop replacement. Now I'm just tempted to use a phone with a large screen as an all-in-one.
    If I am actually using the iPad then either the wi-fi or 3G radio is likely to be on. The large screen of the iPad makes it a lot easier to use for web browsing or eBook reading or typing emails than a smartphone with a large screen would be. My Blackberry has a higher res screen than the 3GS, only problem is it is too small for comfortable web browsing (and the web browser sucks of course).

The iPad is way to large to replace a smartphone though unless of course you don't feel the need to be always reading your email.
    You'd have to admit; their timing is rather shrewed - Just before the new coveted iPhone4, and the two new droids.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I just lowered my wife's data plan to the $15/month since she is using only about 30-50 megs a month so far. I left mine at the 2 gig plan since I never know if I will go over the 250 or not. Lowering my wife's data let us get texting on both phones without raising the monthly fee.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
  5. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    AT&T's data plan pricing and cap is the reason I switched to Sprint. I was finally ready to upgrade to a smart phone, and then AT&T wanted to pull a lot of ****, charging me $15/line for 250mb. Something each line has easily gone over with Sprint

AT&T Plan:
    Unlimited Text
    750 Anytime Minutes
    250mb data

Sprint plan:
    Unlimited Text
    1600 Minutes
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Unlimited Data

Same price. Only difference is I had to pay $50 up front in phones on Sprint, which I was glad to do. Which would you go with? I really wanted the iPhone, and of course the Pixi doesn't compare, but I see no use for the iPhone when I am limited on my data usage to low 250mb. At least the Pixi can do real multitasking as well(although there are only what, 500 Pixi apps? ), but this is a carrier thread and not a phone comparison thread :P
    Then there are those of us who like the qualities that a smartphone has, but do not use the data feature. When AT&T brought out the Pre in 2010, I had to go through a brazillion levels of "customer care" to get them to waive the data plan requirement in exchange for me re-upping for 2 years. Now they won't do the same for my daughter, who wants to replace her busted Centro with a Pixi.

And their "service"? I had no signal in most of my house, and finally got OK signal in most of it by buying a microcell. Their claim that it seamlessly passes from microcell to network? Bogus in the extreme. Dropped-call City.

Frankly, I am about to eat the cancellation fee and switch to T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    AT&T's data plan pricing and cap is the reason I switched to Sprint. I was finally ready to upgrade to a smart phone, and then AT&T wanted to pull a lot of ****, charging me $15/line for 250mb. Something each line has easily gone over with Sprint

AT&T Plan:
    Unlimited Text
    750 Anytime Minutes
    250mb data

Sprint plan:
    Unlimited Text
    1600 Minutes
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Unlimited Data

Same price. Only difference is I had to pay $50 up front in phones on Sprint, which I was glad to do. Which would you go with? I really wanted the iPhone, and of course the Pixi doesn't compare, but I see no use for the iPhone when I am limited on my data usage to low 250mb. At least the Pixi can do real multitasking as well(although there are only what, 500 Pixi apps? ), but this is a carrier thread and not a phone comparison thread :P
    Acutally price on att isnt too bad if u add fam text, u get unlimited calls. About same price as sprint really, just that 2gb cap is bothersome. Tmo is better right now with their 100 for 2 unlimited everything* + 15each additional line.
    *data throttle after u hit 2gb. I believe it says it goes down to 2g speed. I dont know how fast but you do get throttled at 2GB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123