Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Everyone should watch this... it says that 98% of current AT&T smartphone customers will actually see their monthly bill go DOWN...

    June 2: AT&T's 'unlimited data' charges - us daily view - companies - FT.com
    This is true now, but how will the average user make use of the network when newer phones come out. Our family could easily do with the cheaper plans and then make us of wi-fi at home and work. It is faster than the network around town anyway.
  2.    #22  
    They really rape you with the tethering. $20 more does not get you any more than 2GB, what a rip-off!!!

    Even in Canada where plans are usually worse than the US, they say they can get 6GB of tethering.

    P.S. OK the Rogers plan itself is 6GB, but tethering is no extra charge.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/03/2010 at 02:52 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    The 5gb tethering is $60 now. june 7 it'll be 4gb for $60.

    I'm thinking of getting the 5gb tether plan now, so I'm locked in.
    Am I missing something?
  4.    #24  
    They have an extra $20 for tethering but say it's still only 2GB you have to share among your phone and laptop. If you go over, it's $10 a GB. Rip-off IMO to charge $20 more for still 2GB.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They really rape you with the tethering. $20 more does not get you any more than 2GB, what a rip-off!!!

    Even in Canada where plans are usually worse than the US, they say they can get 6GB of tethering.

    P.S. OK the Rogers plan itself is 6GB, but tethering is no extra charge.
    I'm betting the "tethering" is no more than USB or BT. Noone's mentioned anything about wifi tethering or hotspot app.

    But anyone who'd pay at&t an extra 20 so they can plug in and tether using an already paid for 2gb is nuts.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm betting the "tethering" is no more than USB or BT. Noone's mentioned anything about wifi tethering or hotspot app.

    But anyone who'd pay at&t an extra 20 so they can plug in and tether using an already paid for 2gb is nuts.
    The current AT&T tethering service is only BT or USB. I confirmed that with them.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    For people who only do email and light surfing. But I'll believe this benefits many AT&T customers when I see it, especially when they start with video calling and other stuff on the iPhone HD. On most of their other phones, it could indeed be true no one uses too much data because the phones basically suck for streaming and the like.
    I like AT&T's new plans so much that I switched to the $15 plan as soon as I woke up on Monday (using my iPad with a wi-fi connection). They even allowed the change to be retro active.

    I hated having to pay $30 a month for the 5GB unlimited plan. Now for the same amount of money I can get my wife a data plan or turn data on for my iPad.
  8.    #28  
    They're good if you didn't buy the iPad after reading the unlimited announcement, you don't use too much data, you don't plan on using too much data ever even with newer phones coming out(isn't it suspicious for them to do this now?) and you don't compare prices to other carriers.

    It isn't the tiers, I don't use tons of data either. But it's the taking away of unlimited altogether, and the taking away of 60% of your data allowance but only reducing by $5. Makes the other carriers look real nice right now, if you use a lot of data. For $5 more, you can still get unlimited. And let's not forget the tethering rip off.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They're good if you didn't buy the iPad after reading the unlimited announcement, you don't use too much data, you don't plan on using too much data ever even with newer phones coming out(isn't it suspicious for them to do this now?) and you don't compare prices to other carriers.

    It isn't the tiers, I don't use tons of data either. But it's the taking away of unlimited altogether, and the taking away of 60% of your data allowance but only reducing by $5. Makes the other carriers look real nice right now, if you use a lot of data. For $5 more, you can still get unlimited. And let's not forget the tethering rip off.
    I did buy an 3G iPad after reading about the data plans but I was more interested in the $15 plan anyway. I am not interested in streaming video over 3G and most of the time I will be using the iPad, it will be via wi-fi.

    I hated having to subsidize all the iPhone data hogs by having to buy a $30 unlimited plan just because I have a smart phone (really used to aggravate me when I had a 2G Centro).

    I don't really care that AT&T does not offer "unlimited" data anymore or that I can get an unlimited everything plan from some other carrier. Right now for my needs, AT&T offers me the lowest cost plan.
  10. #30  
    On my Treo Pro, I have the Unlimited Family Text for $20 with the $10 addition for data. They said that plan was never supposed to be used with a Smartphone. They may bump me to the 25 plan.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    On my Treo Pro, I have the Unlimited Family Text for $20 with the $10 addition for data. They said that plan was never supposed to be used with a Smartphone. They may bump me to the 25 plan.
    You are able to do that because the Treo Pro was never sold by AT&T and their system is not recognizing it. That is another pet peeve of mine, pricing data plans according to the device instead of how much data is used.
  12.    #32  
    How much bandwidth do you think web pages take up on the iPad? You'll go through that $15 quick.

    The $15 plan works for phones with smaller screens and forcing the sites to mobile version, but on the iPad it's a joke when pages are loaded into full HTML.

    But yes I agree AT&T should have had tiered options ages ago. It's just that they didn't price the 2GB right and tethering is a rip off. If even Rogers Canada offers 6GB(and they are very much like AT&T) with tethering included for $30, there's something wrong here. Europeans were also shocked at these data caps at those prices. AT&T doesn't exist in a vaccum and you bet I'm looking at what other carriers are doing. AT&T pulled fast one and people are so giddy at $5 off, they don't see it.

    P.S. The $15 plan is good though for those who only do email and light surfing.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/08/2010 at 05:03 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #33  
    I'd get a cricket aircard before I spend 45 dollars for 2gb of tethering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions