1.    #1  
    Has anyone been using the Data and Messaging Unlimited package for $30/month instead of the $50/month package for their Pre Plus on AT&T? Just wondering because I plan on getting a pre soon.
    i was just chatting with them today. I was looking for the AT&T data plan with tethering. It's a $60/month plan/... Are you planning to tether?
  3.    #3  
    No just a basic data plan. I currently use the 30/month data for dumbphones with my HTC Tilt2.
    fyi, the AT&T plan is a little unclear. You can get on their website and chat with a rep. With VZ the difference between data plans is the ability to sync with an Exchange server (feature is called EAS). If you don't need that, the cheaper plan is fine.

I'm guessing that is the same with AT&T, but they imply that you can't get email with the cheaper plan. I'm sure you can still get POP3 and IMAP email... or it wouldn't make sense. The good news is that if you start with the lower package, you can always change up with a quick call to customer service...

If you decide you need to tether, you can also visit MyTether.com
    the $30 plan is the smartphone plan plus $20 for unlimited text messages = $50. You can try to keep your current plan, but it is unlikely. You might be able to buy the phone outright ($399) and swap sims, but i'm not sure if that will work long term.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I am using $10 family data (per line + $30 family messaging) on mine just as I did on my HTC Fuze. You have to call them or chat and give them the IMEI of a dumbphone, then put the SIM back in the Pre once they have made a dumbphone IMEI the active IMEI on your account.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    I am using $10 family data (per line + $30 family messaging) on mine just as I did on my HTC Fuze. You have to call them or chat and give them the IMEI of a dumbphone, then put the SIM back in the Pre once they have made a dumbphone IMEI the active IMEI on your account.
    Yes! That's what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by elephunkman View Post
    Yes! That's what I'm looking for.
    keep in mind that they do now have a $30 data plan requirement for smartphones, so they may change your plan at any time. I don't know if mine has not been changed yet due to having a FAN account and smartphone exclusion feature listed in my included features (for having smartphones on my lines prior to the September 2009 policy change), but I will take it while I can!