Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I bought an unlock code from NextGenServer.com, and I am unsure if I have a defective Pre or if this service doesn't actually work?!?
    Everything seems to work until I get to step #5, where the diagnostic drivers automaticaly (yeah right) download and the whole thing is basicaly done. I read the whole process, I have the Novacomm drivers, phone is in DevMode.
    Has anyone used this with success?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Anyone? Anyone....
    Yup, it does work. It took me a bit of trial and error, but if you read the PDF, watch the video and then go for it, it does work.

Don't forget to restart the computer after installing the drivers AND unplugging and replugging the USB cable when asked to do so.

Bottomline: don't give up. It works.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I did finally get this to work, now enjoying the Palm Pre on T-Mobile! What a great phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcash74 View Post
    I did finally get this to work, now enjoying the Palm Pre on T-Mobile! What a great phone!
    Wow congrats on unlocking the pre! I bought an AT&T palm pre plus in the ebay and will be receiving it soon. However looks like the phone has not been used before and I am worried if I can unlock it by using a non-AT&T sim card for the first time. Does it really have to be used once (or activated) before it can be unlocked?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svegeta123 View Post
    Wow congrats on unlocking the pre! I bought an AT&T palm pre plus in the ebay and will be receiving it soon. However looks like the phone has not been used before and I am worried if I can unlock it by using a non-AT&T sim card for the first time. Does it really have to be used once (or activated) before it can be unlocked?

Thank you.
    Is this true??

I want to grab an AT&T Pixi Plus and put it on T-Mobile..