Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone who bought a gsm pre wanna share how the store experience was? Did they try to get you to buy an iphone?
  2.    #2  
    ?
    No they didn't even mention the iPhone once to me. Just got in the store, looked at the pre for a bit before buying it got it and told me they would call me when the Touchstone was available for me to pick up since they didn't have any in stores.

Didn't try to give me anything extra or change my mind.
    I think this question should be asked again once the new iPhone comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    No they didn't even mention the iPhone once to me. Just got in the store, looked at the pre for a bit before buying it got it and told me they would call me when the Touchstone was available for me to pick up since they didn't have any in stores.

Didn't try to give me anything extra or change my mind.
    I upgraded from an iPhone 3G. I dealt with the manager and he actually agreed with me on all the reasons for getting the Pre over the next generation iPhone. He agreed that the Pre was a very very nice phone.

Although, I didn't get my Touchstone. They also told me they didn't have them in stock (they claimed they didn't know I was supposed to get one for free), but they said they would mail it to me. The whole Touchstone thing was a bit shady I think, but if it actually shows up in the mail then I'll be surprised.

Aside from that issue though everything went just fine. AT&T waived the 50.00 upgrade fee. It ended up costing me $213.00 in the store with the $100.00 rebate coming as a pre-paid Visa card. So, in the end the Pre only cost me $113.00.

I haven't yet played around with it too much. It's syncing right now to my Mac with the "Missing Sync" software. I have a lot of music and other stuff to load up on it.
    Granted, it hasn't been long... but it already seems like AT&T personnel have been schooled better on webOS (project jumpstart?) -OR- are simply better salespeople in terms of catering to their customers rather than corporate HQ than their Verizon counterparts
  7.    #7  
    interesting...any other stories?
    stopped in the AT&T store today and the two they had in stock had both been sold. they asked me if there were any other phones i might be interested in and i pretty much just said 'nah'. of course they managed to utter out "iphone 3gs is just as fast!". hah, went home and immediately ordered the Pre online..
    Stopped by an AT&T store yesterday to play with the Pre, before I ordered it this morning (you know, just to be sure). The store was a zoo, so I didn't talk to the reps, but I went to play with the Pre and it wasn't even logged in...just sitting there in the "enter email address/password" screen. Because that will really sell people on it...
  10.    #10  
    how was the display?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    how was the display?
    at the store I went to, it was displayed just like any other smartphone, but it was the first smartphone disayed.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    My experence was good. the rep held the phone for me because they only had two, and one was sold already. I walked out with the pre plus, a touchstone compatible case, jawbone icon, touchstone kit, a car charger and a 100 dollar rebate for about 390$. She kept trying to get me to buy the insur tho' which i didn't want

nothing special about the display. It was located near the rear of the store mix in with alot of other phones. Iphone got a big nice kiosk in the front though.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    how was the display?
    I didn't even see the Pre displayed at all at my store. I didn't really look around either though...I just went straight to the counter.

But, there definitely weren't any signs or big dedicated displays to the Pre or I would have noticed. If they were displayed they were displayed alongside every other phone.
    Oh, and an update on that Touchstone they said they would mail...

I got an email this morning from AT&T saying the Touchstone was backordered but that they'd ship it as soon as it became available.
    My experience was pretty smooth. Called the store to verify stock on Monday 17th. They had 3 left as they sold one on release day...and apparently 1 on display. So I went there after confirming. Went to the counter and the lady I spoke to brought out my Pre and took the SIM card from my iPhone 3G. Pretty painless...about 30 mins and I was out of there. I used my upgrade eligibility and got it for $149.99 + tax (rebate was instant).

As for the Touchstone...they had one ready for me but couldn't ring it up. Apparently its only for sale and not part of the 'freebie'. The one in the store came with the power cable. So they said they will order one and get it mailed. Hopefully the one I get is the one w/ the power cable as well.

I just checked today via the order email they sent and it says SHIPPED. So I'm looking forward to that.
    I went into the store on Sunday and stated that I wanted the Palm Pre as my upgrade and the rep said I dont think we can sell those today. I stated that the release date was on their website and he called the regional manager who confirmed. He began ringing me up complaining how the customers always are more informed that than they are but said he enjoyed what little time he used the phone. I also had to inform him of the free "tombstone" and they didnt have any in stock. He offered to mail it or I could visit another store. After putting out 270, I visited the other store and picked up the "tombstone with charger"!
    My experience was fine at the store. I walked in when the opened and told them I wanted the palm pre plus. They said that they had to get them out, so the manager walked to the back and pulled out a box that included their pre shipments and their display unit that they had yet to put out. The clerk set the phone down in front of me and I want to work setting it up while she was trying to get my information off of my old sim card. One of the other clerks said she thought it was a great little phone, which lead me to believe she had been practicing on it. I mentioned about the rebate and the free touchstone. It took them awhile to find the rebate form and they had to go online to get verification of the free touchstone. The clerk helping me said that I looked like I knew what I was doing, so she didn't offer to help show me anything about the features.
    I went to my local AT&T store yesterday and they had two display models running some type of AT&T demo. I bought one (new one not a demo) and paid the $399 and also got the free touchstone. I am selling my iPhone 3GS on ebay and the Pre will hold me over until the new iPhone comes out. I briefly mentioned to the rep that I had a Pre once on Sprint and really liked it. He said, "yeah, it looks like a cool phone". As for my opinion of the device, everything seems on par with the Verizon Pre Plus that I had. The voice quality seems much improved but the 3G data seems a tad slow for this device and the speaker seems a bit weaker to me. I can barely hear the txt message and email sounds despite having set the volume to max.
    My purchase experience was not that great as I had to wait 40 minutes before someone could help me.
    The rep was really great, but the wait was horrible.
    I spent most of that time fixing the four pre display units errored installs from the app store going down.
    They should have given me a discount for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I went to my local AT&T store yesterday and they had two display models running some type of AT&T demo. I bought one (new one not a demo) and paid the $399 and also got the free touchstone. I am selling my iPhone 3GS on ebay and the Pre will hold me over until the new iPhone comes out. I briefly mentioned to the rep that I had a Pre once on Sprint and really liked it. He said, "yeah, it looks like a cool phone". As for my opinion of the device, everything seems on par with the Verizon Pre Plus that I had. The voice quality seems much improved but the 3G data seems a tad slow for this device and the speaker seems a bit weaker to me. I can barely hear the txt message and email sounds despite having set the volume to max.
    You can increase the volume of the default system sounds using MP3Gain.

1. Download and install MP3Gain
    2. Plug in your Pre and choose USB Drive
    3. Open MP3Gain and click 'Add Folder'
    4. Add the 'ringtones' folder on your Pre
    5. Set the 'Target "Normal" Volume' to 105
    6. Click 'Track Gain'
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast