Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. waltah's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #41  
    @PeteKrueger
    Just to let you know that reps are actually getting fired over these bad surveys. What your rep did was exactly what he could do. Just because you didn't get what you thought you deserved it doesn't make it right to mess with someone's livelihood.
    The prices online are almost always different than in store, mainly for reasons mentioned above.
    Last edited by waltah; 05/19/2010 at 10:49 PM.
  2. #42  
    I had a good experience. Will pay $49.99 after $100.00 mail in rebate. It was funny when they girl was trying to find the microSD slot on the pre. haha
  3. #43  
    fwiw, my touchstone arrived today. That's just 3 dyas after buying the phone so I'm pleased.
  4. petekrueger's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah View Post
    @PeteKrueger
    Just to let you know that reps are actually getting fired over these bad surveys. What your rep did was exactly what he could do. Just because you didn't get what you thought you deserved it doesn't make it right to mess with someone's livelihood.
    The prices online are almost always different than in store, mainly for reasons mentioned above.
    I certainly wasn't complete in my description. To be clear, I rated the rep and their professionalism as high, but when it came to my overall satisfaction I listed that as not satisfied. I agree. It's not the rep's fault. I also clarified in the message I left that my issue is with "corporate".

    As a followup, I went back to the AT&T store. They have a price-matching guarantee that I didn't know about, and he credited me $100, no hassles. That's good customer service, and I gave a great followup survey review for that.
  5. petekrueger's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    That's not fair of you at all. The service reps can't do anything about that and the reason why online prices are less than in stores?

    1. You don't get it instantly, so they don't need to keep stock on hand nor protect that stock from theft

    2. They don't have to pay a sales rep

    You should give a better survey rating to the sales reps.
    To recap my other post quickly, I gave the negative rating for overall satisfaction, and gave the rep a good rating.

    I disagree, though, that it should be any different. It's all eventually the same bottom line. Blockbuster tried to make the same arguments. You couldn't return movies from their online service to their physical stores, because "they're separate". Attendance at their stores dropped and they started having to shut down locations. They added the ability to return disks at the store and things improved, since people ended up picking new movies when they stopped in to return the online ones. Best Buy, Office Depot, and others used to do different deals for their website vs. their brick-and-mortar. The latter two have since switched to a more universal policy. You go online, find the object, and in many cases can check local inventory and/or reserve it at the store from the Web.

    If you treat your brick-and-mortar as a completely separate business, they're not going to be able compete against your own online division, which will reduce demand for you brick-and-mortar, which leads to closings, which results in loss of visibility, which is bad for reputation. You need both components because they help each other out. Sometimes you need to see and touch something. Sometimes you need to do research. When you pit one side of the buying experience against the other, you only hurt yourself.

    It's also just bad for customer satisfaction to have a $100-$200 swing between prices based purely on location. (And I do consider Amazon a location in this case, because it was Palm/AT&T who sold the phones to Amazon at the reduced price so that they could offer them for $50.)
  6.    #46  
    doesnt seem there is a big push?
  7. #47  
    I got my Pre on Sunday in Springfield, MO. Arrived around 12:30pm. The store I went to only received 2 pres.(The other one was being purchased the same time I bought mine).

    I spoke with three reps, and they all liked the Pre, but all stated they would stay with the Iphone as there personal device. They did however state they would be getting Pre's as there corporate phones....I kinda got the impression it was pushed onto them.

    Overall they were all very informed about the phone and it was displayed like every other phone (with the exception of the Jesus phone(which I owned six months ago;didn't like being a "lemming")).

    On the display the price was $250 with a $100 dollar rebate. I asked my rep if they could do an instant rebate and that $250 was to steep, especially since I could go to big red and get it for $50.00 bucks (I even asked if they would price match). He checked with the manager and said they could do an instant rebate. They did know about the free touchstone, but "didn't have any instock". I asked if they would let me swap for in-stock accessories, and they would. But I opted to have it direct full filled; which I received Wednesday.

    So then today I noticed that wirefly had a free pre and amazon is selling them for fifty bucks. So I picked up the phone to see if they will do a price match, which they don't. But as a good will gesture they credited my account $110bucks! So all in all I got a pre and touchstone for $50 buck..including tax. Now my only problem is do I keep the Pre or switch to the pixi...I really love the form factor.

    Well this was a novel...but myself overall a good experience with ATT...I've been with them since 2004...
  8.    #48  
    At least they weren't as bad as Verizon
  9. #49  
    I got my Pre Plus at the AT&T store in Destin Florida. I have to say that the experience was way different than anything that I have ever seen at an AT&T store. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone in there say "i just need an easy phone, but I don't need all the features". And then the clerk say "great, you need an iPhone."

    Such was not the case. I walked in, and said, I want a Palm Pre. The rep says, excellent choice. Do you know the cool features that the Pre can offer other the other phones we have?" And proceeds to demo the phone, and features to me. I already knew what the phone would do, but I HAD to let him finish. I was the only person in the store, and this was the first Pre they had sold, and ALL FOUR of the sales reps came over and were raving about how much "cooler" "smarter" "easier" the Pre was compared to the iPhone. How much they loved the fact the app store isn't being dominated by the company, and one guy even talked about how Palm loves the homebrew community.

    It was a hell of an experience.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgeeks View Post
    I got my Pre Plus at the AT&T store in Destin Florida. I have to say that the experience was way different than anything that I have ever seen at an AT&T store. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone in there say "i just need an easy phone, but I don't need all the features". And then the clerk say "great, you need an iPhone."

    Such was not the case. I walked in, and said, I want a Palm Pre. The rep says, excellent choice. Do you know the cool features that the Pre can offer other the other phones we have?" And proceeds to demo the phone, and features to me. I already knew what the phone would do, but I HAD to let him finish. I was the only person in the store, and this was the first Pre they had sold, and ALL FOUR of the sales reps came over and were raving about how much "cooler" "smarter" "easier" the Pre was compared to the iPhone. How much they loved the fact the app store isn't being dominated by the company, and one guy even talked about how Palm loves the homebrew community.

    It was a hell of an experience.
    impressive...
  11. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by treogangsta View Post
    My experence was good. the rep held the phone for me because they only had two, and one was sold already. I walked out with the pre plus, a touchstone compatible case, jawbone icon, touchstone kit, a car charger and a 100 dollar rebate for about 390$. She kept trying to get me to buy the insur tho' which i didn't want

    nothing special about the display. It was located near the rear of the store mix in with alot of other phones. Iphone got a big nice kiosk in the front though.
    By your post count is seems you been here for a while and I'm sure have read about the hardware issues and you op out of getting insurance

    Bad move IMO.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    By your post count is seems you been here for a while and I'm sure have read about the hardware issues and you op out of getting insurance

    Bad move IMO.
    i dont have the insurance too... and i don't think thats a bad move
  13. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    i dont have the insurance too... and i don't think thats a bad move
    I wish you guys the best but from personal experience it not a good idea to not get insurance for at least the first few months to see whether you got a bad pre or not.

    Example guy I work with is on his 7th pre. Four were changed out in a weeks time because the screen would go black during a call and never come back on until a battery pull and reboot. The store reps were dumb founded as to why four different phone would do this. He had the crack above the usb port, keyboard stop working and something with bluetooth.
  14. #54  
    For the most part, the sales staff were knowledgeable and enthusiastic. A cou-ple of down notes tho -

    When I went into the store the first time (of three total visits) there were no display units, and when I was asked if I could be helped, and I told them I wanted to see a Pre and was told that it was brand new and they just hadn't gotten one out yet. Fail...

    Second visit was great, I was shown a demo unit, how to use it (gestures, etc) and her even got out a new one and let me take it outside to see of the display was in the bright sunlight. All told I was there about 40 minutes talking with the rep, negotiating, etc. Finally, after going home and talking to "the boss" I was able to go in the next day and get the phone. That rep did not know about the Touchstone giveaway, but I persisted and he eventually looked it up and sure enough. So over all, a couple of bumps along the road, but overall a very nice experience, which I've come to expect from AT&T since I've been with them since they were CellOne. Oh yeah - rockin' the bag phone...

    --MGb
  15. #55  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16. #56  
    Sorry for the late reply. It was the Hastings Ranch store on Foothill -- east Pasadena
  17.    #57  
    how was the display of the Pre....i really didn't get a chance to check out the store?
  18. #58  
    The people in my AT&T store knew their stuff. Gotta love it.
    If it's not frozen, don't try and thaw it.
  19. #59  
    I just got my phone a couple weeks ago. My experience was...eeeehhhh.

    So, we had been calling several stores in the area for a couple weeks, and kept getting told they were sold out. So a couple stores said they'd put my name on one in the next shipment. So, after a couple weeks and no call, I called them and found out they didn't actually hold one for me. So I called back another store, and apparently they NEVER SOLD OUT. So they went ahead and put my name on one of the two they had.

    ...Then we show up that weekend, and they forgot to put my name on it... again. -facepalm- Luckily, neither had sold yet, so I still got it. The initial visit was alright, although the manager kept hanging around us way too much, and felt a little overbearing. Nobody knew crap about the phone, past the initial little tutorial. I too had to ask about the touchstone, which the manager knew about, but not the rep(this was 2 weeks after the launch). On the bright side, only one person mentioned the iPhone, but it was just more of a shock that I wasn't asking for it. Nobody tried to dissuade me, which made me happy.

    I did take it back a couple days later, because I was curious to check the other one they had in stock with an issue I thought I was having the screen... That was when I thought my head was going to get severed. The whole experience felt really hostile that time, and their attitude was more of a "I'm going to prove you wrong, instead of help you." It was a reeeeally surreal feeling walking in that time. Honestly, the only reason I went with AT&T is because they gobbled up our old provider, and my parents wanted to stick with them. And I decided to just stay on my parents' family plan, so I could save money, since I rarely talk, and don't text a whole lot. Otherwise, I'd have just held out and jumped to Sprint when the new hardware is announced.

    The phone itself, I'm loving so far, although the hardware is definitely a tad quirky. Unfortunately, the sliding part with the screen on it is a very tiny bit crooked, which is obviously a manufacturing defect... But I'm sure it's not bad enough to get anything done in the way of an exchange. Sadly, it annoys the crap out of me, even though it is really freaking small(maybe 1mm off).

    Also, on the subject of getting the insurance; If you wind up with a lemon of a phone, AT&T does seem to have a 1 year warranty on defects and such. So not necessarily a bad move not getting the insurance.
  20. #60  
    @Abalistar I'm sorry but that 1mm wobble is the best you'll get, you will have a hard time finding one with less or no wobble at all. I wish mine was that little.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions