1.    #1  
    Well i headed over to AT&T's website to see what they have up for the launch of the palm pre plus and to no surprise i see nothing.. You would think it would at least be on the forn page of thier site. So i delve further into the website and finally find it almost at the bottom of the smartphone page. Looks like AT&T isnt gunna support Palm very well... but thats expected... Looks like we have another verizon wireless situation on our hands. So has anyone been to a store yet? any displays? any working models?
    they have dummy phones on display
    I predicted this some time back.... just like Verizon tried to push people away from the Pre to the Droid, I'm betting that AT&T is going to try to steer people away from the Pre to the iPhone.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I predicted this some time back.... just like Verizon tried to push people away from the Pre to the Droid, I'm betting that AT&T is going to try to steer people away from the Pre to the iPhone.
    Ya i figured as much also.. to bad the Pre is a much better phone than the iphone.
    they are releasing a phone a year late, what you expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    they are releasing a phone a year late, what you expect.
    Maybe not.
    Now that Sprint is all done beta testing it, it's right on time.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I picked up my Pre+ at an At&t store when it opened today. It was the only phone they had in stock. Two of the three people I talked to seemed very knowledgable about the Pre and WebOS, the third seemed a bit clueless about everything. No one tried to talk me into an iPhone and I even asked with the new iphone was coming out.

Very pleased with the experience...mainly because I was the first one there to ask for the Pre. I would have been disappointed had I been the second one there for the only phone.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I picked up my Pre+ at an At&t store when it opened today. It was the only phone they had in stock. Two of the three people I talked to seemed very knowledgable about the Pre and WebOS, the third seemed a bit clueless about everything. No one tried to talk me into an iPhone and I even asked with the new iphone was coming out.

Very pleased with the experience...mainly because I was the first one there to ask for the Pre. I would have been disappointed had I been the second one there for the only phone.
    Cool im glad your happy and enjoy the pre and welcome to precentral. the people here are nice... just search the forums before posting or we will eat you alive!!! lol jk
    im not sure what everyone is beefing about, so far AT&T has shown the pre made love from commerical ads, to the website with phones explanation and tutuorials. I also hear from madd people that there was a little line at alot of stores, so really unless your out there buying one for AT&T lets not assume anything, because support for Palm from AT&T so far has been there, and better then Verizon could have ever done.
    I heard a radio ad here in Chicago for the AT&T Pre. Not bad, I'd say. Like you, I didn't expect too much from AT&T but that's a good sign.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I got my AT&T Palm Pre in Chicago at the store on Fullerton. The first I store I went to on Milwaukee Ave was just an "AT&T Authorized Retailer" and didn't know squat about the Pre and they didn't have any. At the Fullerton store, an actual AT&T corporate store, they knew their business - the rep (Oscar) was able to answer almost all of my questions, said he had training at Palm. There was even an actual Palm rep at the store to answer any question the AT&T rep couldn't. Overall, I was impressed. The rep transferred all on my 1300 contacts from my old Treo 650 to my new Pre. The Pre comes in box with a back that is already enabled for the Touchstone. The actual Touchstone charger will come in the mail - that is way the promotion works. I wish every one who purchases a new Pre from At&T would have the same good experience I had.
    Well from the number of new ATT Pre+ owners popping up on the forum asking questions and such, it seems to be a more successful launch so far than the VZW one.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I know that one, Convert. Did you have to renew your account?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Another cool point is that all the reviews on att webpage has given the pre 5 out of 5, i know there is only 11 reviews but still everyone that has reviewed has loved it so far and looking at other phones, they don't have that many reviews either. Good sign so far
    I ordered a Palm Pre + from ATT today on the ATT website. I've been a customer for 5+ years so I got 50 bucks off and only paid 99.99 (with tax and fees 133) and I have to pay no activation (it was waived) and I got free 2 day shipping so I'm excited. I've heard good things about the phone, I researched it before I decided to purchase. I actually called one of the corporate stores here in Bakersfield, Cali to ask if they had it today. He first said no but he hesitated because as I asked they were putting it on the display. He then told me they just got it in and there were only 4 of them. I asked him the price and he said 149.99. LOL I just took the online deal and said I'll wait the two days. I'm super excited, I have really bad patience when it comes to receiving electronics!! Most of the reviews I've seen have all been great. Too bad the device is slept on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I know that one, Convert. Did you have to renew your account?
    Yes I did.
    I have also heard some radio ads from AT&T, but haven't seen any commercials up.