1.    #1  
    FWIW,

While on the phone with Cingular Customer Service this a.m. the subject of poor coverage came up. The rep said that management has told them that my home area (West Coast states) is undergoing a major build out of new towers, cells and such.

This is supposed to show marked improvement in the poor coverage many of us suffer with in the SF Bay Area in late September.

Well, let's just wait and see.

... just what they said...

/Tim
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
    Originally posted by Timboyd
    FWIW,

While on the phone with Cingular Customer Service this a.m. the subject of poor coverage came up. The rep said that management has told them that my home area (West Coast states) is undergoing a major build out of new towers, cells and such.

/Tim
    Uh, yeah. Cingular (PacBell) has been "getting ready for a major build out" for about 5 years now. In fact they've been saying that ever since they started offering service in California.

If their service works for you as it is now, fantastic. But no one should make any buying decision based on anything Cingular says might/will happen in the future.
  3.    #3  
    Quote: "But no one should make any buying decision based on anything Cingular says might/will happen in the future."

Uh, don't recall I suggested that. Good advice though.

I was just passing along a SPECIFIC item of interest that MIGHT give us poor Cingular cousins some HOPE.

I'd LOVE to eat that "pudding" though.

Best Regards, Tim
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
    I'm a SoCal Cingular user. In Orange County. About 9 months ago I called cust. serv. and complained about dropped calls. They gave me some extra minutes and explained that they were building out a lot of new sites down here.

They were correct. My 270 keeps it's signal strength in a lot of places that I used to drop calls at.

Hang in there.