1.    #1  
    Hi all, I'm new to Palm, currently I'm using an Android Nexus 1 on AT&T and I'd be happy with it but for the reception problem and a few minor quirks. Google is of the opinion that there is no problem, and as such I'm of the opinion that I need a new phone and to see to it they never get another dime from me.

My good friend is a Sprint customer, and I have always admired his Pre, so when I heard that the Pre+ was heading to AT&T I genuinely thought about picking one up. Personally, I only use the phone for web, email, muisc, and navigation. As I understand it the Pre+ will be able to handle these with ease. Beyond that, the only apps I use are games and putting custom ringtones on the phone, and a price scanner.

I've been looking around this site and wanted to get some opinions from those more experienced. Should I go with the Pre+ or wait and see if Palm releases a new phone?
  2.    #2  
    Well, I guess HP answered my question for me, I'm going for the Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    Well, I guess HP answered my question for me, I'm going for the Pre+
    Pre...kicks...a z z! Nuff said. Seriously, it can do 98% of what the iPhone can do and does another 99% better than jebusPhone. Only "Shazam" and the "Price Scanner" are missing until the API's hit in the fall.

Enjoy your Pre.
    Nice
    it does everything a iphone does and more, besides apps (which it will have really soon with the aquisition of HP) the Iphone and Google will be shown to world that its oboslete to Web OS lets get serious. Even now with the 800mhz patch we bench marked tested it against the nexus one and its slightly faster in opening applications and rendering pages. The iphone has nothing on a Web OS device so yes get a pre plus on AT&T apply the 800mhz patch, and the fast animations patch and tell me when you show your friends and family they wont be over jealious.
  6.    #6  
    I heard about the 800mhz patch, what all does that involve? Will I have to unlock the phone, where do you recommend I do that?

I haven't heard anything about the fast animations patch, what's the story on that?
    I'm totally his awesome friend with a sprint palm pre
    treiz with a g1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I heard about the 800mhz patch, what all does that involve? Will I have to unlock the phone, where do you recommend I do that?

I haven't heard anything about the fast animations patch, what's the story on that?
    Nope, it's a new kernel. Nothing to do with the modem, so no unlocking.

All you need is Preware, then install Uberkernel and Govnah.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here