1.    #1  
    I just got my treo 3wks ago. As I was walking through the mall I saw a VS kiosk, they were giving away Nokia 3390 with new sevrice activation. I explained I just got the treo and signed up w/VS, so could I have the free phone, since VS doesn't carry the Treo, the clerk said sure and gave me the 3390. I have to use the same sim card but it's nice to have a backup for the Treo. I don't think this is a company policy but it might be something people want to check out.
    Sounds to me like you got away with theft. Instead of getting a free phone with your treo, you got $200 off the price. That easily pays for a phone.
  3.    #3  
    It wasn't theft, I just asked for a free phone after I told them I had bought the treo, the reason I originally went up was to look for Treo asscs, and they gave it to me. Also the phone isn't worth $200 it sell's for 49.99 when it isn't being offered free. Without the SMS card it's worthless.
    Just because they know you have doesn't mean it wasn't theft. Clearly this isn't a Voicestream policy and you used it to get a phone that you weren't otherwise entitled to. You say they gave it to you, but you also asked for it, saying that since they didn't sell the Treo directly, you were still entitled to a new phone, just like all new customers. If all new customers got a $200 check in addition to the phone, yes, you were entitled to it.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    It wasn't theft, they're the ones who gave it to him. He just took advantage of a kiosk salesperson's stupidity. As long as they didn't take any of your information you've got nothing to worry about.
    It wasn't theft, they're the ones who gave it to him. He just took advantage of a kiosk salesperson's stupidity.
    That's all con artists do too.

--Kurt
    IT wasn't a theft...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Sorry, guess I just value the idea of two fully informed parties enterring into a transaction as the only way goods and services should be transferred. :-)