Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hey mervynle, im not sure why you cant use the data on the treo, but i have a few ideas. make sure your settings are correct for data, heres what i did for the VoiceStream ISDN line (i would think they would be the same):

In Prefs, under Connection:

Set up a new connection, i named mine ISDN (cause its an ISDN connection). Set the connection method to Wireless Modem to Modem. Set dialing to TouchTone. Volume...whatever your preference is.
    Under Details, set the speed to 14.4 (works for me, maybe leave it at 9.6). Flow ctl: Automatic. My Init String is (but may vary for ATT, so check the rest of the boards): AT&F+CBST=71,0,1;&W
    Hit OK, and under Prefrences, go to Network.

Under Network: make a new service and call it ATT (or whatever youde like). Username, just make 1 space (hit the space bar once). Do the same for the password. Set the connection to what you made before, for me its ISDN. Type the phone number your using in. Click details, set the Connection type to PPP, Idle timeout 3 minutes, query DNS unchecked. The Primary DNS i have is VoiceStreams, so im not sure of ATT'S, once again, check the boards, or search www.google.com. IP Address Automatic.

After that, it should work. If not, tell me, and ill try to figure something out.

-Dave
    heres what i did for the VoiceStream ISDN line (i would think they would be the same):
    Actually they cannot be the same. The INIT string is different.

If you look this URL you will find specific ATT instructions: http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...90&ResType=FAQ

There was another HS document that listed what the INIT string for normal CSD calls is, but for some reason most of the pages in HS support site are gone. Weird.
    Unfortunately I have tried all of these things and I still get the same message back which states something like:

"Network busy, wrong number, or no data services".

I think it has something to do with AT&T wireless being on GPRS already, and not recognizing a data call coming from a GSM. Unless anybody out there can think of anything different.

With the marvelous tech support out there I have got enough answers between Handspring and AT&T to write a comedy book, not to mention that top level support at Handspring to which my query has been elevated has not bothered to call me back.
    Post all your settings (network and connection) and I'll see if I can't spot something amiss.
    Network:

Service: AT&T WorldNet
    User Name: Myname@worldnet.att.net
    Password: Assigned (I have set this)
    Connection: Wireless Modem
    Phone: The local AT&T number (verified on my desktop)

Connection:

Name: Wireless Modem
    Connection Method: Wireless modem to modem
    Dialing: Touch Tone
    Volume: Medium

Thanks
    I just tried the instructions posted and got an error:

"Error: Network busy, wrong dial-in number, or data service not enabled. (0x1102)"

In general I have 3 questions:
    1. What might be wrong?
    2. You mention to enter the "number you're using" - is that the number of an ISP?
    3. I have been to access my isp (Time Warner's RoadRunner) by setting up a new network service using connection = -current-. I have to set up a script to make the connection to the RR server but I translated the Win NT login script to a Palm version and it works. The connection is at 9600 but I connect.
    -> Q3: So what's the diff/advantage of ISDN over the connection I currently have working?

Thanks folks!
    gkaatz,

Please let me know if you figure this out, because that is the exact error message I am getting using regular dialup (see my previous entries)
    I can only connect to SBC's ISDN lines; their other lines have modems that expect a particular type of modem on the other side. There is a long discussion on their site about how to go about getting the right kind of modem. Repeated attempts failed to connect to their regular numbers (with free long distance, I tried 6 or so of them around the area). In contrast, I have successfully connected with the ISDN type modems (this is one of several services offered by such modems).

If you are connecting to the normal lines, then there isn't anything wrong -- you are advised to look for ISDN lines only if the normal ones fail.
    Please post the information you have in all the menus accessible off the the connection and network controls. I am particularly interested in your init strings as you need different ones for ISDN and normal dialup accounts. Of course if you searched around this site and used the ISDN settings for your dialup, it's not going to work.

Also, there is a chance that data doesn't work in your neck of the woods right now. That happens every once in a while. A pain in the ****, but oh well.
    Originally posted by mervynle
    Network:

Service: AT&T WorldNet
    User Name: Myname@worldnet.att.net
    Password: Assigned (I have set this)
    Connection: Wireless Modem
    Phone: The local AT&T number (verified on my desktop)

Connection:

Name: Wireless Modem
    Connection Method: Wireless modem to modem
    Dialing: Touch Tone
    Volume: Medium

Thanks
    Mervynle,

Have you called voice stream and told them about the error?

For username, it shouldn't be "myname." It should a number. You should find this number in the ATT software installed on your PC.

in your details window of your wireless connection, what do you have?

I use: speed 14,4000
    country, US
    Flow: auto
    String: at+cbst=0,0,1;
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Preston
    I can only connect to SBC's ISDN lines; their other lines have modems that expect a particular type of modem on the other side. There is a long discussion on their site about how to go about getting the right kind of modem. Repeated attempts failed to connect to their regular numbers (with free long distance, I tried 6 or so of them around the area). In contrast, I have successfully connected with the ISDN type modems (this is one of several services offered by such modems).

If you are connecting to the normal lines, then there isn't anything wrong -- you are advised to look for ISDN lines only if the normal ones fail.
    I've used SBC's dialup for months now, without any problem. If I can connect to the ISDN lines, that would be great. How long does it take to establish the connection?
    KRamsauer

Connection: PPP
    Idle T/O:Power off
    Query DNS: Unchecked (tried it both ways)
    Prim DNS: 204.127.129.1
    Sec. DNS: 204.127.160.1
    IP Add: Automatic
    Script: None
    These are the DNS addresses recommended for worldnet.

Modem Configs: (I have tried 2)

Wireless Modem
    Wireless to wireless
    Touch Tone
    Speed: 57,600 (tried all from 9,600 up)
    Flow ctl: Automatic
    Init String: AT+CBST=0,0,1;

Also created one called 9600 modem
    wireless to wireless
    touch tone
    Speed: 9600
    init string +cbst=0,0,1,
    Where do you live? Are other Treo users in your area having problems? Often data service is spotty.

As for the settings there, it looks to me like everything is okay.

One test I would run: change the dialup number to your home number and see if it rings.
    KRamsauer:

The SBC numbers are

here. Can you verify that you are connecting through a K56flex, v.90 modem? I'm able to connect to all the modems except this group (tried 6 of each). DNS info is located here. Somewhere they have this information at the same location.

Note that ISDN lines are the same as their flexible modems.

Connection time is about a minute. If there is no mail waiting for me, I can check my 2 pop accounts and end the call in 87 - 90 seconds.
    I got my numbers here . And I'm usually connected in 30 seconds. Try out the numbers at that URL and let me know if you can consistently and quickly connect.

--Kurt

Originally posted by Preston
    KRamsauer:

The SBC numbers are

here. Can you verify that you are connecting through a K56flex, v.90 modem? I'm able to connect to all the modems except this group (tried 6 of each). DNS info is located here. Somewhere they have this information at the same location.

Note that ISDN lines are the same as their flexible modems.

Connection time is about a minute. If there is no mail waiting for me, I can check my 2 pop accounts and end the call in 87 - 90 seconds.
  16.    #56  
    So finally final patch is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zso
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123