1.    #1  
    Ok.
    One of thoes plans (Text+Data or something I forget) had unlimited weekend minutes. How does this work with internet surfing (which I will use the most) do you charge per MB? Is that unlimited on weekends as well as voice? Thanks

Dave
    Until we get GPRS (which bills by the MB), you connect to the Internet by dialing in to your ISP. These calls go against your voice minutes, so they are unlimited on weekends if you have that plan.
    You may want to check that. With Voicestream it appears that all data calls--even weekend ones--count against your alotted total. For example, if you have 500 min and unlimited weekends (like me), and make 60 minutes of weekend data calls, it comes out of your 500.
    I'm on VoiceStream with my Prism/VisorPhone and I dial in to their WAP # in Florida (I'm on the family pooled plan w/free nationwide long distance).

I added a block of 1500 Data (Internet / Fax) minutes for only $29.99/mo. Fax is not available on VisorPhone, and probably not the Treo either. They call the service DataStream. It's mostly marketed toward PocketPCs & Laptops.

This last month I used over 600 data minutes. That's $0.05 / minute. Utilizing all 1500 minutes would put it at $0.02 / minute.

Last weekend I used Blazer to look up the Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com/) retail value of the '98 Dodge Neon I acquired to make sure the dealer wasn't overestimating the value of the car. He wasn't.
    Originally posted by pbryon
    You may want to check that. With Voicestream it appears that all data calls--even weekend ones--count against your alotted total. For example, if you have 500 min and unlimited weekends (like me), and make 60 minutes of weekend data calls, it comes out of your 500.
    I've received two bills so far, and everything is being allotted properly.
    Originally posted by pbryon
    I asked VS specifically about this before I bought my Treo and they said that unlimited weekends do apply to web surfing if you dial into my own ISP. She gave me her Rep. number just in case my bill says differently.
    Good move. My bill did say differently in the beginning, but a call to VS got a $60 credit back to my bill. I think some people might be set up incorrectly.