Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with VS. Problems across the network with data services (again!)
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble with the VS ISDN number (again....) I'm in NY and using the 203 number. I've never been able to access the 913 (Florida?) number. Does anyone have this working right now (and the complete settings list that cause it to do so?)

The VS tech, of course, was less than helpful, telling me that (obviously) the ISDN number is not supported as it is a WAP gateway, etc, etc....

I used to be able to dial in fine, now I'm getting x1102 errors every time (Busy, wrong number or data not enabled).

Help greatly appreciated....

--Steve
    Man, I'm trying sooo hard to wait it out. Status still 'received'....just trying to kill time by reading the boards. I had a Yada Yada Minstrel modem and finally I just told them to terminate the contract. The supplynet cable to my LG510 worked great for the last year, other than carrying both devices; and always a 19.2 kbs on Verizon. Now I'm jumping into the unknown world of VoiceStream, and having flashbacks of the old Minstrel days. Please, someone tell me how the service is in Texas along the major freeways. I may have to start eating my mellow pills just to make it through these trying days...anyone else getting status updates or e-mail confimations????
    I haven't been able to connect to VS ISDN since 5/30. I've tried changing modem init strings, etc. but nothing works. I've also tried both numbers (FL and CT) and neither work.

One question - when I dial the numbers via a voice connection, I get a message saying "The VoiceStream subscriber number you have dialed is not in service". Is this normal? I never tried dialing it before because the connection worked.
    Last edited by ddenson; 06/04/2002 at 08:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Wow. I'd never tried that before either. Lo and Behold "The Voicestream subscriber number is not in service yada yada yada....."

Where's the blasted GPRS patch!
    Update - It just started working at 10:30 am EDT. I didn't change anything. Obviously a VS issue...
    Yup, at about the same time it started to work for me too. WOOHOO!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Me too!!

Well at least this means they didn't close the ISDN #. Just need it for a few more months (we hope...)

Thanks for the timely update.

--Steve
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12