1.    #1  
    First of all, I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already. It's been a long time since I've logged onto this forum. Anway, here's my question:

I already have Cingular and my year contract has been up for a few months now so I can basically cancel anytime without any penalties. I want to get a Treo but I'd like to keep my same phone number (i.e. simply swap out the SIM cards). I'm willing to sign up for another year contract with Cingular and get the Treo for $399.

Is there a simple way of doing this without having to cancel my current account with Cingular and then opening a new one? It makes no sense, especially when my current contract is up. I could understand it if my current year contract wasn't over and they want to charge me that outrageous price of a Treo without a contract.

Besides, wouldn't it be cheaper for Cingular to do this with their current customers whose contracts are up and are looking for a new phone and contract????

Has anyone out there been able to do this? How?

Thanks in advance,
    Nhatman
  2.    #2  
    Surely, someone must have done this before or have tried!
    you could probubly call up, ask to buy a treo (at the 399 price) and sign up for another year of service on your already exhistant account. i dont see anywhere that you need to be a new customer to get the treo for 399, just need a new service agreement. so, call up, or go to their store and find out. im almost positive they can do it for you.