1.    #1  
    OK, I'm stumped - I've configured and successfully connected to the VoiceStream ISDN service.

Now I want to use a different ISP, and I get:

Network busy, wrong dial-in number, or data service not enabled. (0x1102)

each and every time I try to connect. I've tried 3 different ISP's now - using all the help and instructions I can find. My sim works for wireless data (used it in a VP previously).

The default wireless modem has no initialization string, should it?

Any suggestions?

I would understand if I couldn't connect via the VS ISDN service, but I can --- I should be able connect otherwise right?
    r u changing modem setup string for the ISPs? the string that works for the VoiceStream ISDN line may (will?) not work for other dialup connections.

uday
  3.    #3  
    Yes tried that, the default 'wireless modem' had no init string. Is there one that I should be using?

I've tried to connect via wireless modem connect, the VS ISDN connection (which I created), auto-detect modem connection, everything.

I'm starting to suspect ISP or ISP's modem issues. Does anyone have a confirmed and working ISP I can try? Preferably a free one for just a test?
    See the following thread on this. There are a number of us with this problem.

http://treodiscussion.visorcentral.c...threadid=21691

HS has a test Earthlink account that does not work for me either. They have sent a replacement Treo to me to see if it is a defunct "wireless modem". I havent been able to try it yet b/c I am out of town. I hope to try tomorrow morning. I will post on my success or failure.

Other than that, the phone is a perfect device for business travel. Awesome reception in Hawaii.

Cheers.
  5.    #5  
    OK - update time. I can connect using:

1) VS isdn service
    2) AT&T GlobalNet - using their dialer or via Networking tab

But can not with anything else, specifically road runner dialup.

I tried switching the number to my home phone to see if it even rings, and it doesn't.

Any thoughts for why one connection would dial and connect fine, but another won't even dial? They use the same exact connection type.
    Originally posted by jstrauser
    OK - update time. I can connect using:

1) VS isdn service
    2) AT&T GlobalNet - using their dialer or via Networking tab

But can not with anything else, specifically road runner dialup.

I tried switching the number to my home phone to see if it even rings, and it doesn't.

Any thoughts for why one connection would dial and connect fine, but another won't even dial? They use the same exact connection type.
    Did you activate the dial up feature on road runners site?

BTW, I'm in the same boat. Couldn't get it to work. Using ATT for now.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I did.

I actually tried HS support, don't know why I bothered. I hard-reset my treo, and tried their Earthlink test account - same error.

This is really annoying - why would it work on some numbers, but not others? Very strange.
  8.    #8  
    Update: Got this solved...

After my call back from HS tech support (level 2) and 35 minutes+ of changes and 2 hard resets, it works!!!

Here is the deal:

The wireless modem by default does not have an init string. If you have connection problems, edit the wireless modem (which creates a new "custom" connection) with the following init string

+cbst=71,0,1; or +cbst=0,0,1;

The 2nd one worked for me!

I can now dial any ISP wirelessly, including Road Runner using the script above.

There was much rejoicing.
    anyone been able to access MSN via the dial-up number on their Treo? I've tried all the recommendations with no success. I may the only one here in Hawaii with a Treo for now so I'm not sure if the Internet connection works here. It did on my Visorphone and 8290 through VoiceStream.
    it's an endless search of temporary joys
    You have about a 50:50 chance of MSN working for you via any Palm OS device including Treo. Have a look at http://mobile.msn.com/ they suggest using an AvantGo account to access MSN. You can install this alongside Blazer as a direct web browser. See www.avantgo.com

HS have something on their support site too: http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH