1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I got my treo and I tried to connect it to voicestream isdn like I did for the Visorphone but the treo is not connecting.

I also tried changing the INIT STRING for the modem to match the same as the VP but not luck too.

If you happend to find the correct setup please let me know.

Thx
    Originally posted by pic_micro
    I got my treo and I tried to connect it to voicestream isdn like I did for the Visorphone but the treo is not connecting.
    I use a VisorPhone with Voicestream also. Are you saying that you don't have to dial into another ISP to access the internet from the VisorPhone? I've asked VoiceStream about this in the past and they were less than helpful. It sounds like there is a connect string that you enter into the VP dial-up setting that allows access to the internet.

Can you refer me to some additional info on how to connect the VisorPhone directly to Voicestream's network without having to go through a dial-up account? I'm using Earthlink, not knowing there is a better way That is, if I read your post correctly.

Thanks!
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
  3.    #3  
    For the VP settings for voicestream isdn go to the thread under the forum.

Communications-> Visorphone/V-stream works without

or

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=19305
    pic_micro,

Thanks a bunch! I set this up today and it appears to work GREAT! I had signed up with Earthlink just before Christmas that I only use with my VisorPhone (I have cable internet access at home). You've saved me $21 a month! I owe you one :-) !!!

I'm going to be travelling next week, so I'll check out the reliability while on the road. If it's good, then I'm likely going to close out the Earthlink account (Hey I got a free printer and scanner out of the deal).

Thanks Again!
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    I followed the directions above on my Treo, it dials OK, says 'signing in', then after about 30 seconds, comes back with a message saying "Connection Timed Out - Please Try Again".

Any ideas?
    Originally posted by backermann
    I followed the directions above on my Treo, it dials OK, says 'signing in', then after about 30 seconds, comes back with a message saying "Connection Timed Out - Please Try Again".

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem and fixed it by changing the idle timeout to 1 minute. You can find that under prefs/network/details.
    Could I inquire as to what setup people are using for Treo with Voicestream ISDN number?

I am currently getting the "Error: Network busy, wrong dial-in number..etc" message.

What connection type should be used? I have currently selected Wireless Modem to Modem. What init string? Are user name and password still a single space? And what phone number(s) can be used?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers -

Matt
  8.    #8  
    I'm using
    Wireless Modem to Modem
    AT&FX4;+cbst=71,0,1
    How about for DNS? I seem to be able to connect now but am not getting any name resolution. Should I enter DNS addresses manual or have it query for them? If manual, what address(es)?

Thanks for the assistance.

- Matt