1.    #1  
    Hi all,

does anyone have more information on when Fido will be providing the Treo with service?

Thanks!

g-girl
    Originally posted by g-girl
    Hi all,

does anyone have more information on when Fido will be providing the Treo with service?

Thanks!

g-girl
    far as i know, they won't be. rogers will be carrying them instead.

mc
    your reply implies knowledge different than that provided on the Handspring site (which says Fido & coming soon )

I sent e-mail off to Fido yesterday trying to get some info and when/if I get answer will post here.

If you have information that Rogers will or will also be carrying - please let us know
    ah, they changed it then. it used to say rogers/att on the site prior to the new year. considering that handspring never set up anything with fido with the VP i'd assumed the two companies had difficulties (and i assumed those difficulties came from the fact that fido does not have contracts for their clients). part of the reason i stopped getting excited about the treo (and stopped looking at the HS site about it) is because they were going with rogers, a company i don't like.

sorry for the misinformation. i stand corrected.

mc
    You can Use Fido in Canada for treo. But Rogers will be the main carrier. I have used Fido with treo not a problem.
    Neo
  6.    #6  
    Hi,

From your reply it sounds as if you already are using the treo with fido?? Where can I find more information about the treo in Canada??

Thanks!

g-girl
    Hey G-Girl.

What exactly do you want to know about the Treo with FIDO? I should be able to answer most if not all of your questions.

I believe that FIDO may carry the TREO later, but may offer their own new activation service discounts (like they do now with their other phones). FIDO does not do contracts so that is out of the question.

Hi,

From your reply it sounds as if you already are using the treo with fido?? Where can I find more information about the treo in Canada??

Thanks!

g-girl
  8.    #8  
    Hi,

I am wandering when the TREO will be offered by FIDO in Vancouver Canada... :-)

Thanks!

Alan
    Hi,

I am wandering when the TREO will be offered by FIDO in Vancouver Canada... :-)

Thanks!

Alan
    Um...Have you asked Fido?
  10.    #10  
    Hi all,

Is anyone in Canada (Vancouver) planning to get a Treo? If so then have you seen it anywhere?

Thanks!

g-girl
    your best sources are

- The Howard Forums
    - Usenet group, news:alt.cellular.fido
    - yardie

.. in THAT order
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    Hi all,

Is anyone in Canada (Vancouver) planning to get a Treo? If so then have you seen it anywhere?

Thanks!

g-girl
    And get cheek grease all over the screen? No thanks

Telus is carrying the Kyocera and the salesman admitted that people were more interested in getting a decent standalone pda for CDN $600 and signing up for a free phone.

Sounds like important-gadget convergence isn't what people (in Vancouver, anyway) are looking for.
    Hey Vancouver!

Unless you have a very unusually shaped face, you wont be able to get cheek grease on your Treo screen even if you tried. BTW I have deliberately tried and found it quite a challenge to do. Remember that this is a flip phone..unlike the VisorPhone/Visor combination.

Originally posted by VancouverCanuck

And get cheek grease all over the screen? No thanks

Telus is carrying the Kyocera and the salesman admitted that people were more interested in getting a decent standalone pda for CDN $600 and signing up for a free phone.

Sounds like important-gadget convergence isn't what people (in Vancouver, anyway) are looking for.