Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As the title says, my family has been having problems with sprint due to contract problems and so forth. For a short version we are leaving sprint and going to at&t.

I have seen there smart phone line up for at&t and besides the iphone and tilt 2(touch pro2) can ya recommend any other phone.

I really liked the palm pre for many things, but if i have to give up my phone I atleast want to have a phone with these features.

Camera - (really liked this in the pre)
    Send MMS - (the touch pro i had before always gave me problems sending MMS so im kinda worried the tilt 2 would give me the same problem.)
    Fast internet browser
    Wifi
    Can be modified - (Sounds, Themes, Not really important but i love this feature in the palm pre)

What I am trying to say is do ya think there are better phones to use besides the iphone for at&t.
    Why not at least go to Verizon where the coverage is better and they will have the pre in January? ATT is a pretty bad company and expensive as well. I'm surprised that you are having problems with sprint because they are currently bending over backwards for their customers now in order to keep them. AT&T will just hit you wherever they can for money, whereas Sprint will do just about everything except give you something for nothing.
    AT&T blows! Enjoy getting ripped off. After you pay your first bill, you'll know what it feels like to be a fool. AT&T is a joke.
    You're gonna pay for more, enjoy it!
    Wow AT&T man? You sure you did all your homework? Slower data speeds, most expensive, least coverage. Just a horrible company........anyway good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Wow AT&T man? You sure you did all your homework? Slower data speeds, most expensive, least coverage. Just a horrible company........anyway good luck.
    the new verizon commercial says it all
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Im sorry but WHY do people make threads about leaving sprint. This is a Palm Pre forum it would have been better if you said "I hate pre going to iphone etc" and even that would be annoying..WHO CARES what carrier you choose no need to make a thread about. If you want phone advise you seem savvy enough go on to att.com or call THEM your post is in no way related to the PALM PRE......DEAD
    Honestly, avoid AT&T like the plague. I'm eating ETFs on two lines of service just so I can move away from them, to Sprint. Their plans are awful, the additional "taxes and fess" are awful, and their customer service is awful.

If your problem with Sprint is contract related, call them and talk to their customer retention department. They have the latitude to fix just about anything, and will make a good faith effort to keep you.

Take it from someone who has used every carrier except for T-Mobile. AT&T sucks, and Verizon isn't much better. You also won't find a handset that is half as open as the Pre, period.
    Why dont you go to a phone forum that covers AT&T..you might find information that is relevant to your questions there.

such as..

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
    AT&t blows!
    yeah I don't care. Good luck with your endeavors lol.
    I want your Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by playamademexican View Post
    As the title says, my family has been having problems with sprint due to contract problems and so forth. For a short version we are leaving sprint and going to at&t.......

What I am trying to say is do ya think there are better phones to use besides the iphone for at&t.
    Out of curiosity, who at Sprint (as in, what tier level of support) did you speak with to resolve your issue? Simply calling customer service is nearly worthless and you need to escalate your issue. I'd try webchat and get escalated to a supervisor, or call and ask for cancellations to get to the 'retention' dept. They have a lot of 'pull' to resolving problems that no one else does.

We'd hate to see you leave Sprint and the Pre especially if SPrint provides good coverage and you really like the Pre.

That said, I don't see anything on AT&T that comes close to the Pre and your criteria you've listed.
    Verizon will try their damn est to lock you out of the ability to mod the phone or download free apps, i had them before switching and hated them. their maps look like they cover good, but i know from experience that they don't have near the coverage of sprint. plus their customer service sucks also
    Here's a good # to try to see if you can stay with the Drean Team: Sprint, Precentral, & the Palm Pre. 877-365-6413
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Im sorry but WHY do people make threads about leaving sprint. This is a Palm Pre forum it would have been better if you said "I hate pre going to iphone etc" and even that would be annoying..WHO CARES what carrier you choose no need to make a thread about. If you want phone advise you seem savvy enough go on to att.com or call THEM your post is in no way related to the PALM PRE......DEAD
    Hey, leave the op alone. It was posted in the CORRECT section. If you read the op's post it is a good question on the surface. There was no attack made to you and you didn't have to read it if you didn't want to. If you don't like this thread then why did you start this one Off Topic But Sprint/Verizon As the Moderators for this forum have said, try helping, or posting links instead of slamming. Like the following post by leftyman.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Why dont you go to a phone forum that covers AT&T..you might find information that is relevant to your questions there.

such as..

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
    Nice post.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/12/2009 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrent80 View Post
    Verizon will try their damn est to lock you out of the ability to mod the phone or download free apps, i had them before switching and hated them. their maps look like they cover good, but i know from experience that they don't have near the coverage of sprint. plus their customer service sucks also
    I am just mainly a lurker here on precentral as I am waiting for its arrival to Verizon. Of course its easy to bag on another carrier and its a common practice to do that when you are pro*sprint*att*tmobile*whatever. I wont deny that Verizon has locked phones down in the past. I think with these new smartphone/android releases you may be surprised...maybe not though, only time will tell. But their CS has been nothing but top notch for me. No complaints, always friendly service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Hey, leave the op alone. It was posted in the CORRECT section. If you read the op's post it is a good question on the surface. There was no attack made to you and you didn't have to read it if you didn't want to. If you don't like this thread then why did you start this one Off Topic But Sprint/Verizon As the Moderators for this forum have said, try helping, or posting links instead of slamming. Like the following post by leftyman.

Nice post.
    Well said Finally Pre. I am so tired of flamers on this forum. It's gotten better now that the Pre has been around awhile and many of the noobs who just want to complain or flame are falling off. Just the occasional self-important person looking to make themselves feel important by shooting others down now.

This forum has made owning the Pre exciting and enjoyable. Being part (albeit a small part) of this great community is a major part of the fun in owning this phone. Much better than the iPhone community where 12 year olds rule the day.
    I agree with the AT&T coverage warnings posted. Really look into this before going that direction. A buddy of mine has an iPhone and he consistently has coverage issues in places I do not. Not just here in STL but also in other places we have traveled together in the USA like east central Texas and the LA area. Aditonally the Interstate coverage isn't all that good, especially in less populated states.

Given the increased cost over similar Sprint plans and the coverage issues, there is really no compelling reason to go AT&T unless you often require service in other Countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I agree with the AT&T coverage warnings posted. Really look into this before going that direction. A buddy of mine has an iPhone and he consistently has coverage issues in places I do not. Not just here in STL but also in other places we have traveled together in the USA like east central Texas and the LA area. Aditonally the Interstate coverage isn't all that good, especially in less populated states.

Given the increased cost over similar Sprint plans and the coverage issues, there is really no compelling reason to go AT&T unless you often require service in other Countries.
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast