Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I left AT&T to come to Sprint for the Palm Pre. I was with them since 1985.

Reasons I left....

1.Dropped calls.
    2. Voicemails showing up days to weeks later.
    3. Text messages missed.
    4. Customer service was horrible.
    5. Huge bills.
    6. Rollover minutes expire.

I recommend you talk to others in your area and compare their experiences with the different carriers. Pick the one with best coverage for your needs.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    playamademexican, I left AT&T to come to Sprint/Pre and I can attest, their coverage wasn't the best. There is even a dead spot when driving past their Wireless HQ in Atlanta where you will drop calls about 75% of the time!!!

That been said, if you have to go to AT&T I would look at a Blackberry. IMHO, right now BBs are the best smart phones AT&T carry - my brother has a Bold and loves it. The new Curves are supposed to be pretty nice also. Of course with Android phones making their way into AT&T's stable your choices will increase. One problem right now with BBs is the browser isn;t the best. However BB recently purchased a company that develops a Webkit browser so I would expect a much better browser experience in the near future.

As for hoping the Pre makes it to AT&T. Personally I'd be surprised to see the Pre on AT&T any time soon as I wouldn't put it past Apple to have exercised a little coercion with AT&T with those "rumors of talking to Verizon" that circulated around the time rumors of the Pre going to other carriers early next year first surfaced.
    Last edited by solarus; 10/12/2009 at 12:51 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Believe me the palm pre is such a great phone and I would love to keep it. But the problem is 2 things.

1) My mom has 3 lines with sprint. 1 of them is mine (Palm Pre with the 70$ plan) the other 2 is just my parents lines. Just talk and like 5$ texting plan.

Since I don't have a job anymore, I don't I can pay for the extra charges. We use to pay around $90 altogether but now we pay around 160.

2) When it was time that my parents phones could be renewed. We went to the store only to find out that the line have both been renewed without our notice. We talked to their representatives, we talked to people at the stores and that didn't help.

None of the people that we talked to helped. And they can't find how it was renewed in the first place. All their computers say is that they were renewed and thats it. They wouldn't tell us which employee did the transaction or what phone was used for the renewal process.

And well both my parents phones are a LG Rumor and a Samsung A900 and there old and beat up. So we arent able to get new phones untill late 2010.

On the other side. My older brother has a contract with AT&T with 2 iphone lines. We are planning to go with them because it will be cheaper as a combine bill than having 2 cellular contracts in our home.

They claim they get good service and all that. I just don't want an iphone cause they have it. All I hear from them is the iphone can do this and the iphone can do that. I don't feel like getting an iphone but if thats like the only good AT&T smart phone that they have then I guess I don't have a choice.

And thanks for ur comments guys. It really helps
    I hate to say this put it sounds like you made up your mind before you started the thread. The reasons you give now like no job make everything change.
    Good Luck
    I'm not sure I'm completely 100% clear on your situation.

If your parents plans really were upgraded without their consent then you need to escalate this situation higher up the ladder with customer service. It should be resolvable with enough effort and complaining.

Considering you are unemployed wouldn't it be a good idea to just live out the remainder of your Sprint plan instead of paying penalties and the associated iPhone purchasing costs?
    [QUOTE]Since I don't have a job anymore, I don't I can pay for the extra charges. We use to pay around $90 altogether but now we pay around 160./QUOTE]

I'm missing how you were surprised by the extra $70 the pre was going to cost. It's not Sprints fault you upgraded.

[QUOTE]2) When it was time that my parents phones could be renewed. We went to the store only to find out that the line have both been renewed without our notice/QUOTE]

Being that you just got the pre.. I'm thinking it happened at that time.

[QUOTE]On the other side. My older brother has a contract with AT&T with 2 iphone lines. We are planning to go with them because it will be cheaper as a combine bill than having 2 cellular contracts in our home./QUOTE]

There is no way your going to get an Iphone and two phones for your parents that is cheaper than what you can get with Sprint. You better do some serious price checking.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well if your brothers have iPhones then definitely go BB. Nothing irks an iPhone use more than a Blackberry!!
    Correct me if I'm worng, but:
    1. Any smart phone plan on AT&T will be the same if not more than Sprint
    2. If you got the Pre, you have a new 2-year contract on that line. That's the only way it works.
    3. if you got the Pre and it's connected to your parents family plan, the plan was then renewed because the Pre can only exist on a new contract (1500 family share plan in this case). It's not the employee's fault. That's the way Sprint have set-up the Pre, Instinct, Touch Pro, Hero and a few others.
    4. If your parents did not upgrade their phones, they are eligible for the new-contract pricing on new phones after 22 months of the original purchase date of those phones....re-newal of plan or not. The upgrade credit is always $150 which is also the "new customer" credit.
    5. your new current plan is Sprint Premiere. The main line on that account can upgrade to a new phone every 12 months now. You won't get that on AT&T
    6. your new plan includes unlimited texting and data and GPS navigation. You won't get that on AT&T without extra charges.
    To answer your question: quite simply, the iPhone is *the best* phone for AT&T...from there, you are going to have various levels of sacrifice, so you can get OK phones, but whatever.

Touch Pro 2 shouldn't have MMS problems...but then again, the Touch Pro shouldn't have had them either...if you get a windows mobile phone, however, you should be fully willing to go to xda-developers.org and tinker around (that is, flash new ROMS, download new programs and patches, if need be). That is really what Windows Mobile phone users should just be *prepared* to do.

Maybe you could go with the Blackberry Bold...but RIM's web browser is nowhere in the same class as the iPhone's mobile Safari. (Then again, except for the Pre's browser and perhaps the Android's browser, no mobile browser is really in the same class as mobile Safari. Opera Mobile comes close, which is why I would say go TP2 over Bold maybe...but still, it's a bit different.)

However, I must reiterate the things that some others have said...going from Sprint to AT&T will be costly. AT&T's plans are simply more expensive (if you want the same value that you had with Sprint, you will be paying more than $70...I came from AT&T and I didn't have any problems with them, but I was paying $70 after a discount through my university for only 200 texts a month...whereas for Sprint, $70 gets me unlimited texts), and on top of that, you are likely to have to pay early termination fees (ETFs). These will be reduced by the percentage of your two-year contract that you have already paid off...

I would SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY yell up and down at Retentions to see if they can do ANYTHING about the wrongful renewal. For example, let you upgrade phones for free. Retentions can do a surprising amount of things to keep customers, let me tell you...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12