Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    There is an interesting article in today's NY times where they talk about slow service and dropped calls on att... the question is is it the iphone or the the 3g network

I use a treo 750 and since the introduction of the iphone 3g I have had intermittent problems with the att network.... the other day I couldnt even make a phone call for almost 18 hrs.... i am convinced it is att network being overloaded by all the 20 sumpthin's overloading the network with their iphones. ATT of course when asked denies any outages with their network... I think the iphone has just overloaded their bandwith

anyone else have similar problems or story

Elihu
    I sometimes get entire phone outages over the weekend(all calls ring once and go directly to voice mail), really annoying. I don't know if it's the network getting overloaded on the weekends or what, but I REALLY had problems about 3 weeks ago!

Your "no calls for 18 hours" sounds similar to my situation. Did you get "network busy"?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I sometimes get entire phone outages over the weekend(all calls ring once and go directly to voice mail), really annoying. I don't know if it's the network getting overloaded on the weekends or what, but I REALLY had problems about 3 weeks ago!

Your "no calls for 18 hours" sounds similar to my situation. Did you get "network busy"?
    for phone calls it would start with dialing and then just drop it and go to today screen...so far as internet is concerned would get a msg that remote serve not responding... interesting also is fact that I would show 4 bars-- ie strong signal and then suddenly go to zero and start searching. i am convinced that the iphones have overloaded att networks... the fact that you are in a large city (chitown) like me(NYC) where this is possible reinforces my thinking altho att will never admit to it.

by the way since thursday everything has been ok.....till the next time I suppose
    I have had problems the last two days here in michigan with my BJ II off and on. I just tried to call my wife today before we go to the festival and it keeps saying call ends right after one ring or no ring at all. I also have been getting no service on the today screen when in the house at frequent times when I usually have good coverage in the house. I also wonder if the influx from the iPhone is chocking up the network. When called, at&t doesn't seem to want to take responsability for any of the trouble, as usual.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I'm in Florida and have had all the above problems.
    I had another outage(more like very limited phone usage) this past weekend and I'm getting VERY unhappy about this!!! Apparently the tower I bounce off of most is inefficient. I went into the next neighborhood down the street and my phone worked fine. AT&T's 3G is indeed spotty.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Funny, I just logged in and this was at the top of the list.

I just got off the phone with Apple after being on the phone with ATT all day about the problems. ATT is blaming Apple and vs. versa. The interesting thing is that high level tech support for ATT admitted an issue with 3g but said all I could do is leave the phone on 2g to solve it.

I called Apple, they were fully aware of the problem. Apple said, "I am going to be fully honest with you, we should have made sure that ATT was ready with their 3G network, and they aren't. They are working on it, but it isn't ready for the number of customers that are using it, and there are issues with dropped calls.

Apple is refunding my $ for my iphone and they are assisting in making sure i am not charged a termination fee from ATT.

I am thrilled. The ATT coverage and dropped calls had killed all the fun in the iPhone.
    I only had reception problems after HSDPA(looking at the "H" icon on my phone) was introduced. When it was the original and I guess slower 3G/UMTS, everything was fine. This makes me think that they are rushing to move everyone to HSDPA but didn't prepare enough for it.

Too bad about not being able to use your iPhone. I still have the EDGE-only one and am now glad I never upgraded. Even my EDGE went out one night on a Saturday, ALL NIGHT, on that phone.

Honestly if I was paying what gen one iphone users are paying, I wouldn't mind as much, but I am paying $116 a month for the 3g, it is ridiculous especially when you consider that I was paying $50 a month for Sero with SPrint unlimited everything and almost 3x the talk time.
    Whatever rate you're paying, you're entitled to be able to use the phone. My outages were on my 3G dumbphones. I'm not paying smartphone rates on those and I still mind, because the outages inconvenienced me BADLY!! I needed to be in touch with some people over the weekend and no one could get through until I went to the next neighborhood. Very frustrating.

Obviously I would have been seriously angry if I'd paid over $100 per line just for no service. But even on dumbphone rates, if you need your phone to work and it doesn't, its can be just as bad IMO. Suppose I needed to be in touch with someone in the hospital? That wasn't the case, but if it had been, AT&T might have gotten a nice phone call from me. If the phone ever ends up not working due to this in an emergency....

P.S. The phones work fine around here during the weekdays, but on the weekends I don't know what happens.