1.    #1  
    I just got my phone bill from TMo with a surprise additional charge of $204 on top of my regular $120+ monthly.

It shows some company called 10958 Simplewire Test. I checked them online and I don't even know how I ended up being charged by this company. I called TMo to report the unauthorized charges and they reversed it but they said I should check with my kids if they signed up for anything on my account.

Any ideas what this company does except send text messages. I never received any text message from their company at all and yet the charges shows up.
    Is this them?

http://www.simplewire.com/services/smpp/

BTW, I Googled and found lots of info. I wonder if there was a mistake and it was T-Mobile itself who should have been billed and they tried to pass it on to you. To me, it seems this is a service for carriers to deliver SMS, but I'm not completely sure. I need to read up on it more.

http://www.mobilemarketingroadshow.c...ndex.php?id=49

Simplewire.com also opens up into http://www.openmarket.com/
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 08/28/2008 at 12:59 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, it seems like from the content of what they do but it confused the heck out me how TMo was claiming that I signed up from some service with simplewire services.

The charges were for text messages which I don't even see. What is weird is that it started with just 0.05 charge per message and then changed to 0.99 cent per message. The billing was named 10958 Simplewire Test and started on July 8, 2008. I have not signed up for anything on my phone on July 8 or even months prior to that.

I will try to send an email to simplewire to see if they could identify how I ended up on their services even without me agreeing to it.

Hopefully no one else gets this additional billing. Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Update: I have received confirmation from Seven.com that it seems like Simplewire mistakenly billed my account.
    So it WAS T-Mobile who should have been billed?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    The 10958 is Seven.com's account with Simplewire. Simplewire messed that one up and bill my number.