1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is wide spread, or just a local issue...
    For the past few weeks here in north central IL, the cell service / signal has been horrible, and I'm lucky to have data service 50 - 60% of the time.
    Called ATT many , many times to complain, and always get the same CS experience, They go through the standard "take your battery out, reset, turn it off, turn it on, etc. etc.
    They say that they don't show anything wrong with the service in my area, it must be my phone.
    HMMM, let me see... it is both of my phones, and every ATT phone of every person in my office, Treo's, Centros, Iphone, razer, Sony W500, Must just be a big coincidence, maybe all of our phones are going bad at the exact same time. Wow, that's strange huh? (sarcasm meant here) LOL

I have been looking forward to trying out the new iphone when it comes out next month, but I'm getting so fed up with ATT lately, that I'm thinking of just dumping them, and going with a whole new carrier.

Anyone else have this experience with AT&T? It's really frustrating talking to these "book readers" in the CS departments. Is there a way to talk to someone that knows anything at all, other that what their computer screen / manual is telling them to say? Any direct numbers to call, or email addresses that skip the middle man?

I don't mean this as a flame / bash of AT&T completely, I have been a loyal user of them for years, but it is really frustrating lately with the lackluster service they are providing.

Do you think that since they are only providing me with their service 50% of the time, that they would just accept me paying them 50% of my bill every month? LOL

OK, I got that off my chest, just needed to vent a little.

Anyone else having problems with ATT service lately? Or maybe it's just our local tower?
    Last edited by ILBandit; 06/18/2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Not in NJ....

Call CS and ***** until you get a person who can help...be strong!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    Not in NJ....

Call CS and ***** until you get a person who can help...be strong!!!
    LOL, did that a week ago, got a "tech support" guy. He was alot more informed, and helpful than the first person, but still not much help. Was still focusing on a "phone problem" and not a service issue.

They seem like they just can't accept that something is wrong on their end.
    If its an issue that has plagued your entire office on AT&T's network maybe there is a problem in your area which would make it not a coincidence. The problem is the so called "book readers" can't give you a probable solution to the problem. Somebody has to have the answers if you and your office was getting decent service prior to two weeks ago. Mayby all of you should pull out your SIM cards and reinstall them...I know, I am reaching.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Mayby all of you should pull out your SIM cards and reinstall them...I know, I am reaching.
    Tried that also, doesn't help. I really do believe it is just a tower, or service issue. The one thing that the tech told me, it to keep complaining, and eventually they will have to write up a work order on it, so me and several others have been complaining alot, but they still are teling us that there is nothing showing up wrong in our area, and that all the towers are working properly.

I'll just keep plugging away with the calls.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I have been having random problems here in the Tampa area...not sure what is going on
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
  7.    #7  
    I've called 3 more times since the last post, Still having alot of problems.
    They said they are going to put in a work order for the local tower, and send out a engineer to take a look.
    Hopefully this will lead to something getting done. Or do you think they are just blowing smoke to pacify me??
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    LOL, did that a week ago, got a "tech support" guy. He was alot more informed, and helpful than the first person, but still not much help. Was still focusing on a "phone problem" and not a service issue.

They seem like they just can't accept that something is wrong on their end.
    The problem is that we can fix phones quite easily but taking care of a network outage takes coordinationa and a whole @$&* load of people calling in and giving examples. If this happens again, call in and request them to file a "network inquiry". This will expedite things much quicker.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_Serious View Post
    If this happens again, call in and request them to file a "network inquiry". This will expedite things much quicker.
    Thanks for the tip, I believe that is what they did, they had recieved a few more calls from local people in this area lately, so they said that they were going to file some kind of report. Hopefully that will get things going.

My wife has been on an important conference call for the past 30 minutes here at home, and lost her signal / dropped the call 4 times already, I might have to buy here a new phone tomorrow, I think she's close to throwing her's through the wall right now! (new Sony Ericson phone) LOL