1.    #1  
    I will be taking a vacation in Canada at the end of June. It's just for a week but in the evening I would like to use my laptop and Treo 750 to get internet access so I can do some work. I use it this way here in the US all the time on AT&T.

Obviously, I don't want to do a contract so I'm looking for a prepay sim card solution that will give me both phone and internet access at a resonable price.

What do you guys recommand? I'll be visiting the Canadian rockys starting from Calgary making my way to Vancouver.
    You can get all that here, just without the "reasonable price" part.

Prepare to pay ridiculous sums of money for tethering, even for what you might think are small amounts of data usage.
  3.    #3  
    What can I expect in terms of WIFI coverage over there?
    Coffee shops, hotel lobbies, airports, some campuses... Probably about the same as what you see in the US.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Coffee shops, hotel lobbies, airports, some campuses... Probably about the same as what you see in the US.

Thanks.

What's a recommanded company for a prepay sim card with data?
    Rogers Wireless (www.rogers.com) is the only nationwide GSM operator. There are resellers of its network, such as Speakout wireless. I don't think the resellers have data, though.

A good source of info are the Canadian wireless sections on howardforums.