1.    #1  
    On most all email clients, you are able to put any name you want in the "from" field. This is the name the email recipient will see. It can be your email address, or your name, or whatever else you want.

However, when I use T-mobile's myemail server, I don't see a way to alter this. It looks like the only option is to have your email address as the "from". And this is even though I have the from field on my phone listed as my name. The TMO account is overriding it and making it my email address.

Anyone know a workaround?
    I use Outlook or Yahoo mail or GMail or AOL, and I don't see the capability to change the from: information.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I use Outlook or Yahoo mail or GMail or AOL, and I don't see the capability to change the from: information.
    In Outlook, you can change the "from" by changing what is in "your name" in account settings. In Gmail, you go o settings, then accounts, then edit your account in the "Send email as" to whatever name you want (it defaults to your gmail name). In Yahoo mail, go to options, mail addresses, then edit your account, and you can change the "from name" to whoever you want. I don't have AOL, but I am sure it is something similar.

In all these places you don't have to put your name. You could put "Conan the Barbarian", and that is what would show up in someone else's inbox when you send them an email.

I don't see a way to change that in T-mobile's myemail.