1.    #1  
    I have recently unlocked a new Treo 680 from the AT&T network however when I place my t-mobile SIM in the phone it says I cannot use this SIM. Is this a software issue? Please advise. Thanks.
    It may not be unlocked then.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yep, if the SIM doesn't work, it's not unlocked. How did you unlock it?
  4.    #4  
    I acquired the unlock code from AT&T (miracle in itself), did what I was asked to do, place a cinglular SIM in the phone, did the code thing and it said it was now unlocked. Great I thought, until....I placed my T-Mobile SIM in the 680 and it said that my SIM could not be used on this phone or it wasn't unlocked, something of that nature. I have been told a) it's perhaps a SIM card issue and I need to ask T-Mobile for a new one and b) that it may the AT&T software that doesn't allow me to use any other SIM but theirs. Would this be true? Is it the carrier software? I don't know. Not an unlocking expert.
    When I unlocked my Treo with the telco's code, you are supposed to put the other SIM card, key in the telco's provided code and that will unlock it.

I forgot the specific steps but I knew I had to do it with another phone companies SIM card.
    I haven't unlocked a 680, but the 650, IIRC, you removed the SIM entirely, put in a code into a program, it did somethingoranother, gave you back a code, and you put that code into the phone app and it was done.

I forget what we used, but my wife and I sold our 650's on eBay after unlocking each of them when we got our 680's. Both people had no problem.
    old thread - but in case someone needs help.

corret method to unlock a treo is to place A DIFFERENT sim provider card in, then when it says wrong sim, press ##8-digitcode#, then green dial button
    The steps I've found for the 680 are *#*#code# send
    I tried your way but got an 'Operation failed' error.