1.    #1  
    I recently changed my data plan to get more texting available.
    I noticed that there are 2 kinds of data service for AT&T / Cingular.

Can anyone tell me the difference between having Media Max Unlimited, and having PDA Personal Max Unlimited????

The Cingular rep told me that the same stuff is covered in both plans, but I'm curious why they have 2 different names, they couldn't explain that to me.

I switched from Media max to PDA Personal Max, and I just want to make sure I don't end up getting hit with some hidden charges.

I have a Treo 680, and AT&T service.

Help???
    Media Max Unlimited is like $20. This plan isn't MEANT for pdas. however, it is the plan I have on my 680, and my hubby on his samsung phone. AT&T/Cing dont know I have/use the treo. The PDA plan is like $40. How about..no?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    actually, i have media max 200. $19.99 for unlimited internet and 200 text/mms messages
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    actually, i have media max 200. $19.99 for unlimited internet and 200 text/mms messages

Wow, that's a deal. I had the unlimited Media Max, and it was $39.99 , then I added the 200 text deal for $4.99 / month extra.

I was going over the 200 limit all the time, so I switched over to the PDA personal max with unlimited text for $49.99 / month.
    So I still come out ahead of what I was spending for the text overages.

I assume it is all the same data service on either plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    Wow, that's a deal. I had the unlimited Media Max, and it was $39.99 , then I added the 200 text deal for $4.99 / month extra.

I was going over the 200 limit all the time, so I switched over to the PDA personal max with unlimited text for $49.99 / month.
    So I still come out ahead of what I was spending for the text overages.

I assume it is all the same data service on either plan.
    Well, you can get Smartphone Unlimited and Messaging Unlimited for $40, so you could save $10. Might check that out.

You might even inquire into >200 text packages. They used to have one between 200 and unlimited but it might not exist anymore. If I were you, I'd ask how much a package for texting that's >200 is, and probably add it if there is one that's in your range of texting, and look around and see if the Smartphone package is used. I don't hear of too many people using it.

If you're spending $50/mo on SMS, I think you need to find some other way of communications, sheesh. It's amazing that cell companies charge so much for texting when it costs them nothing. Just free money.
  6.    #6  
    The $50 is for unlimited data, plus unlimited texting both.
    I'll look into that, I didn't see any other plans in my area that would cover what I needed.
    I thought I saw something in there with 1500 text included, maybe that is what you had seen.
    I'll look into it. thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This is one of the reasons I continue to stick with TMO. 20 bucks a month for internet/email. I add 400 texts for 5 bucks. I have never gone over 400 texts in a month. My son has unlimited texts which is 15/mo.
    Isn't the difference between MediaMax (what I use) and PDAMax the fact that you can't do PAM with MediaMax? I've tried built in DUN, no joy. However, PDANet works...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    This is one of the reasons I continue to stick with TMO. 20 bucks a month for internet/email. I add 400 texts for 5 bucks. I have never gone over 400 texts in a month. My son has unlimited texts which is 15/mo.
    I have the same.
    One guy said he uses the Sidekick unlimited plan ($19.99) which is unlimited internet and messaging.

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm before I just to it.