Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Are there any GSM devices out the same size (or smaller) than the Treo 750 but that has WIFI?

I really like the form factor of the 750 but was really hoping to get WIFI.

I'm currently on a BB pearl and am looking to make the switch to Windows Mobile.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Blackberry Curve on T-Mobile has Wi-Fi.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ya. i really like the form factor of the curve as well, but unfortunately it doesn't have:

1) windows mobile
    2) touch screen
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeats View Post
    Are there any GSM devices out the same size (or smaller) than the Treo 750 but that has WIFI?

I really like the form factor of the 750 but was really hoping to get WIFI.

I'm currently on a BB pearl and am looking to make the switch to Windows Mobile.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Try the iPhone. You'll like it.

Of course, with EVDo, you really do not need WIFI.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    iPhone's not WM.

To the OP, what version of WM do you need? There are some unlocked WM6 Standard devices that have the same form factor and wifi. That's if you're using AT&T, because that carrier has no other phone with the Treo form factor with wifi.

If you're on T-Mobile, try the WM6 Dash. Similar form factor and it does have wifi.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    iPhone's not WM................
    He asked for WIFI, not WM. iPhone does have WIFI, very good WIFI at that. While some have gone over to the dark side to get EVDO, no one really wants WM. I understand that many people really want WIFI. I understand that people compromise on WM but does anyone really choose it?
    It would have helped if we both had read better, LOL!

ya. i really like the form factor of the curve as well, but unfortunately it doesn't have:

1) windows mobile
    2) touch screen

The Dash and those other phones I mentioned as well as the iPhone(no WM) are not what he's looking for.

On another note, I have chosen WM as my main business OS because it's the only one that gets the job done the way I like it, so YES I did choose it. BB is second.

P.S. I just remembered that HP made some Treo-like form factor phones, but they were WM5. I'm not sure they updated to WM6.

Here's the link on one for sale and yes it has wifi. This might be the one for the OP then!

http://www.mobileplanet.com/d.aspx?i=141348
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/15/2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Screwed up again, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It would have helped if we both had read better, LOL! ....................
    The Little Nuns were convinced that I would never get the Reading and Writing bit. Since they expected me to hang, that was the least of their worries. They were right about the former and may yet be right about the latter. For the moment, I am still a step or two ahead of the hangman.
    No one wants WM - ha! Tell that to HTC.

Anyway the UBiQUiO 503G is about the only one thats available at present that comes to mind. Unfortunately you would have to buy it unlocked, and its therefore pretty expensive.

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=753
    http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=147071
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=22645

However quite a few other devices are on the horizon, and in US the main one to consider is the HP 914c

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=855

Surur
    The first one is a nice phone! The HP is a little TOO squarish, but I have to see it in person.