Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    What are they? thanks!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I would have guessed that they'd be the same as the proxy used for Blazer (216.155.165.50:8080). But when I configure MunduIM to use proxy, my Treo 650 resets during login to the IM servers. Maybe you'll be more lucky.
    Once my T-Zones went "dark" last Friday, unless I used a proxy, I was unable to get Mundu IM working by entering the T-Zones proxy settings. My 680 didn't reset, but I got a "network unavailable" error message. I was unable to figure out any alternative proxy settings for Mundu that worked (I even tried the alternative T-Zones proxy setting of m32a59bd8.tomodns.net:8080 and got the same error message).
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    im talking to the support team for mundu... they are actually VERY helpful. so far they have given me a new beta version that works on Google Talk, but is having AIM/ MSN issues. Works with the proxy settings though!!!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    For those of you still having Mundu problems, I got the prc files in an email from them, so i still need to try it out. I'm temporarily hosting them in my server, so try them out yourself:

First download and install:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/yh8k8ln2n4.prc
    - This will clear out Mundu completely from your Treo.

Next, download and install Mundu's beta version:
    http://www.box.net/shared/static/qasj1ula8d.prc

Once I try it later today, i'll give you an idea of how it went and whether it worked out or not.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    Update:

Most likely won't work at all, as it stays stuck in the start screen of Mundu setup. Also, T-Zones won't permit it to work anymore.

All hope is lost!
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum View Post
    ...it stays stuck in the start screen of Mundu setup.
    That may be because you ran the uninstall before installing the beta. The uninstall removed both your license information and your proxy settings. Mundu is now stuck at the start screen because it doesn't find your license key locally on your Treo, so the next thing it does is try to check the licensing server. But because T-Mobile is now blocking ports, that won't work either.

It might have all worked if you hadn't run the uninstall first, because then your proxy settings may have remained in place. I say "might have" because I haven't tested that -- and can't because I also ran the uninstall . It's possible that the installation itself overwrites those proxy settings, but fishera's moderately successful experience with the beta suggests that it doesn't.

I exchanged email with Mundu support about this. They're aware of this specific startup/proxy problem (and of the recent T-MobileWeb change, BTW), and are working on a fix that will allow you to edit the proxy settings without going online first.

Also, T-Zones won't permit it to work anymore.
    The free T-Zones service won't work anymore (if it ever did for you), but an upcoming version of Mundu may work on the $6 T-MobileWeb if the engineers at Mundu can get proxy settings to work.

All hope is lost!
    Only for a little while, I think. From what Mundu is saying, it sounds like a solvable problem, and they appear to be working on it.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    yeah ive been through all the unstall/ install things with their support staff. I apparently am getting emailed an updated "proxy" supported version on Monday. We'll wait and see how that works out.

ps: they have the editing the proxy settings without going online first worked out, they just need to fix the reset problems. i see progress, which is fantastic!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm using T-Mobile Internet, not t-zones and it still doesnt work! Any more suggestions?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    can we merge this thread with this one...?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150011

it seems the Mundu issues are beyond proxy problems now. A new build should be out tomorrow, or so im told.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    T-Mo has recently blocked all the ports that allowed full internet usage with T-Zones. Further more this was T-Mo issue, they allowed this, the users just took advantage of the system offered. Many customers have used T-Zones for full internet usage, obviously with T-Mo's knowledge, for many years. Now, they want us all to pay 5 to 10 times the price for the same level of service. Not to mention the sub-par customer service.

Also, if you do decide to upgrade your service to continue using your Treo in the manner you have been with T-Zones, do not buy the blackberry plan if you want to send and receive email via a mail client, it does not work, but the CSR's will tell you that it does. The full internet plan is the only service that will replicate the functionality of the previous version of T-Zones.

Call the numbers below to express your concerns.

Senior Vice President
    Customer Service
    Sue Nokes 425-378-4991

Vice President
    Customer Service Operations
    John Birrer 425-378-6072

Vice President
    Mobile Virtual Network Operators Team
    Femi Lakeru 303-383-5955

Vice President
    Customer Service (West)
    Ted McMurdo 303-383-5755