1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems connecting now? I was using the $4.99 Internet service on my unlocked 680. Yesterday, I started getting "Error: incorrect or busy phone number (0x1103)"

the only thing that changed on my side was that I installed chattermail.
    --
    http://wrevolution.org/
    life, liberty, and the pursuit of open standards
    Have you tried reverting to a config without chatter?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    are you connecting to TZones or TMobile Internet? The 680 shows three connections, and you need TZones. Does your MMS work? If so, Tzones works because MMS use that.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    actually, just restarting the phone seems to have cleared up the problem.
    --
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    So Dantrevino (related to Lee?), are you on the $4.99 internet plan? Where do you live? A great majority of us are no longer able to use this plan on our 680 - except for christiec.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    So Dantrevino (related to Lee?), are you on the $4.99 internet plan? Where do you live? A great majority of us are no longer able to use this plan on our 680 - except for christiec.
    Yes, I am on the $5 plan. I live in Chicagoland. Since this morning, I have been unable to load a web page on Blazer, send an email on AOL or GMAIL via Versamail, or stream any Internet radio. However, I am able "GET" mail for both AOL and GMAIL in Versamail. I have soft reset the phone, added no new software, and taken out the SIM, with no luck. Google Maps is also unable to load anything.

Any ideas? Is it time that I switched to the $30/month plan?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    are you using the custom proxy 216.155.165.080 port 80? I'm in Chicago too, I had the same problem and couldnt log on, so today I changed the port from 80 to 8080 and it works again.
    Quote Originally Posted by magic25 View Post
    are you using the custom proxy 216.155.165.080 port 80? I'm in Chicago too, I had the same problem and couldnt log on, so today I changed the port from 80 to 8080 and it works again.
    Nope, I was not using a custom proxy, just the regular old T-zones whatever. How does that work? Do I just plug the "216" into the custom proxy field, and put 1 of the two above port numbers into the port field? If so, just as I'm doing it right now, it still does not work for me....

Thanks for your help,

Purdue
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I called T-Mobile to get out of my contract because they made two mistakes:

When I ordered the Dash back in Nov. I was told only my # contract would be extended. They are now telling me all three were, even though I NEVER agreed to that and never would.

They told me back in Nov. when I ordered the Dash, it was for my dad, that all I needed was T-MobileWeb and not T-Mobile Total Internet, now they are denying it and this proxy problem arrises.

At least I got my dad's Dash unlocked and mom's PEBL unlocked to work on AT&T, now I have to fight them to get out of frauded contracts. I used to be very satisifed with them, but now they have pushed me over the edge. It got to a point where the support person told me to e-mail their legal dept. because they didn't want to help me on the phone. How retarded is that?

anyway! The proxy will work in MunduIM (yet im not sure of the settings, can someone please show them?), Quickipedia, DA, and Blazer. I also think Versamail will work, but I would like to use Chatter or Snapper if possible. Google Maps, pTunes, and Kinoma don't work at all. Damn T-Mobile, sold me T-MobileWeb back with my Treo 600 and are now denying it all.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I'm going to be patient with this one. I've seen T-Mobile take down our cheap internet for a few days. Then it started working again without the proxy.

Hopefully it will start working again soon. I can deal with the proxy and slowness (i only browse a few sites and use versamail most of the time).

But if I'm forced to upgrade to the $30 plan, then forget about it. I'm not cheap, but thirty bucks for internet access that has the exact same speed as tzones is not cool.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Nope, I was not using a custom proxy, just the regular old T-zones whatever. How does that work? Do I just plug the "216" into the custom proxy field, and put 1 of the two above port numbers into the port field? If so, just as I'm doing it right now, it still does not work for me....

Thanks for your help,

Purdue

I got it now, thanks. I got web, and check versamail back, but that is it, I'm still unable to use any 3rd part apps. Does anyone know how to make it so pTunes can stream Internet radio again?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    You all should check the thread "t-zones down" on this category. It has all the answers to your questions.

Briefly: You can use change the proxy on blazer and it will work. Versamail should work since it's a T-zone connect. But you can't use googlemaps, DA, Operamini or anything were you CANNOT change the proxy settings.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    The proxy will work in MunduIM (yet im not sure of the settings, can someone please show them?)
    MunduIM does support proxy, but when I use it, the Treo 650 resets during login.

I would like to use Chatter or Snapper if possible.
    Chatter still works for me.
    purdue1014: "I live in Chicagoland."
    magic25: "I'm in Chicago too"

Hmm. I was afraid of that. I've watched places across the country go dark, and figured it was only a matter of time before we got the axe in Chicago, too.

I'm not tempted to upgrade to total internet, though. I'll stick with Web and Chatter, and the few apps that support proxy. The others were nice to have while they lasted, but nowhere close to worth $288/year to me.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    So, a few days after, I was down again. I didnt check into it very much, because I figured I just needed to restart again.

Similar to others in the tzones down thread, I have the $4.99 tzone plan, I had to change my proxy for blazer, and can access web pages (secured as well), but gmail java app, google maps, internet radio, gizmo, palm vnc (was flakey anyway) no longer work.

The sad thing is, I have been holding out on switching because I thought TMo was non-evil. If I'm gonna be screwed, I might was well have an iphone instead of the POS phones TMO offers.

TMo and Cingular better bid high for that 700 MHz spectrum because if google wins it and does something interesting both of them will be dead in the water.

==
    Oh, in gainesville, fl
    ==
    Last edited by dantrevino; 08/07/2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: answering question:
    --
    T-Mo has recently blocked all the ports that allowed full internet usage with T-Zones. Further more this was T-Mo issue, they allowed this, the users just took advantage of the system offered. Many customers have used T-Zones for full internet usage, obviously with T-Mo's knowledge, for many years. Now, they want us all to pay 5 to 10 times the price for the same level of service. Not to mention the sub-par customer service.

Also, if you do decide to upgrade your service to continue using your Treo in the manner you have been with T-Zones, do not buy the blackberry plan if you want to send and receive email via a mail client, it does not work, but the CSR's will tell you that it does. The full internet plan is the only service that will replicate the functionality of the previous version of T-Zones.

Call the numbers below to express your concerns.

Senior Vice President
    Customer Service
    Sue Nokes 425-378-4991

Vice President
    Customer Service Operations
    John Birrer 425-378-6072

Vice President
    Mobile Virtual Network Operators Team
    Femi Lakeru 303-383-5955

Vice President
    Customer Service (West)
    Ted McMurdo 303-383-5755