Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    All of a sudden I'm having ATT connectivity issues on the SF peninsula. IS anyone else seeing this? I use opendns dns, with the default Media Net as a fallback. It's an unlocked Treo 680. I get 'Browser Error: Unknown Error. URL: http...... <OK>.

If I try and use the MediaNet DNS I get a different error:

'Cannot find requested page...'

Any advice?
    California ATT network is down on the net. It shows connected, but can't access anything thru MobiTV, Internet Explorer, or Opera.
    I just called ATT business support and they said that the EDGE network was down across the states (I'm in Texas and experiencing the same issue as you). I guess we can blame the iPhone users for the increased traffic. ;-)
    Got the same issue here in the Chicago area. Seemed to go down sometime after noon local time.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Wow. It's bad! (I'm in San Diego County, CA) Mine has full bars for UMTS but cannot connect to anything (e.g. ActiveSync, IE web-sites, etc).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opinari View Post
    I just called ATT business support and they said that the EDGE network was down across the states (I'm in Texas and experiencing the same issue as you). I guess we can blame the iPhone users for the increased traffic. ;-)
    Yep, great, thanks iPhone At least I know it isn't just me. I'm sure this will make the EDGE network look wonderful to all the new iPhone users
    I have sporatic coverage in Chicago. I am about 40 miles south of the city and have been able to sync my mail a couple times, but it is painfully slow though.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Somehow I wouldn't be shocked if all the bandwidth it getting funneled to iPhones since they have high visibility right now.
    I'm in Houston and the U (and G) networks are connecting fine, but no data is moving here either. It's been baffling me (My treo is only a few days old, I just assumed I'd screwed something up or it needed a reset or something) but now I guess it makes sense. I wonder if this is related to the influx of new connections from iPhone buyers.

Specifically, I had connection up till about 12.30PM, then it went down completely.
    Last edited by theirishscion; 07/02/2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Add time info
    iPhone users aren't on either - they aren't happy either....
    I'm in L.A. and I figured that was the case.

I do get coverage if I force Edge instead of 3G...but even that is sporadic.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Can you imagine those folks who waited in line and 2 days later they can't get anything to work?!

No wonder they all want to return that $600 phone! LOL
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Can you imagine those folks who waited in line and 2 days later they can't get anything to work?!

No wonder they all want to return that $600 phone! LOL
    Or the ones who stood in line for two days, waited 2 days for activation, and now can't connect. I'd be pissed.
    was hoping this wouldn't affect UMTS/HSDPA users, but alas, it does..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Two people over at the AT&T forum responding to my posting about the outage, said they have spoken with CS and that the data network will be down until 4PM Pacific time. No mention to what the problem is though.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    This is making me reevaluate getting Telenav as I would be SOL with maps that need a data connection to load. Who knows the pain we'll feel as the iPhone market grows. If ATT can't support all this new traffic I'll be pissed. This better not last long.
    My iPhone has been working all day in the DC area, i'll check it again in a bit when i'm away from my wifi...
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Posting via the edge network. Still getting 120kbps on here...
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    AT&T network appears back in L.A. 3:30 pm PDT
    same in NorCal
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast