CNG ATTWS Treo650
    it's called the 680!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    it's called the 680!
    680 is hardly considered an upgrade to 650
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    When will we get the 3G Palm OS?
    I am also waiting for a new GSM phone like the 755. I want 3G too. Just read a column on PIC that Verizon customers will get the 755 next month.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    680 is hardly considered an upgrade to 650
    Yeah, you're right.. 30m more of memory to use, 15m more dbcache, and at least 10m more heap space. No biggie. Same difference. It's just 650 minus the antenna.

Cl*e

I'd like to buy a U, Pat!
    I am down to the last few megabytes of memory on my 650. I use Zlauncher to put as many programs as possible on my SD card.

I really want a 755p or better phone that supports GSM. Do you think we will see a new GSM phone before the end of the year? I hope so.

No iphone envy for me. I just want an updated Palm OS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am down to the last few megabytes of memory on my 650. I use Zlauncher to put as many programs as possible on my SD card.

I really want a 755p or better phone that supports GSM. Do you think we will see a new GSM phone before the end of the year? I hope so.

No iphone envy for me. I just want an updated Palm OS phone.
    How is the 755 any better than the 680? Rubberized paint is kinda cool, higher resolution camera is absolutely pointless. What else is there?
    Isn't it 3G?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Yeah the 755p is 3G on CDMA networks. It has a better camera, those are the only two major advantages.

I want a Treo 680 form factor with UMTS/ HSDPA and 2MP camera plus a new Palm OS available unlocked for.... $399 by the end of next year. That would rock!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    If that phone had existed a week ago it would have made my iPhone purchase a much harder decision.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Yeah the 755p is 3G on CDMA networks. It has a better camera, those are the only two major advantages.

I want a Treo 680 form factor with UMTS/ HSDPA and 2MP camera plus a new Palm OS available unlocked for.... $399 by the end of next year. That would rock!
    Well, the topic is 755P on Cingular... So better camera. Since UMTS requires voice+data capability.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Back to the original question -- when will the 755p be available on AT&T Wireless.

On a side note, I liked the name "Cingular" better. I have bad memories of poor service from the old AT&T.
    I just got my Cing 680 last week, so now I don't want to see the 755p for Cing any time soon or I might get buyers remorse.