Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Looks like the cheapest plan is the blackberry unltd and the sidekick data for $29/mo.

Ugh, I signed up just a couple of months ago and stuck with my contract for a year -- I want out (now that we can't use t-zones for googlemaps, DA, opera mini, etc.). All those apps wasted - oh dear pitiful me. No, not interested in dishing out more money - with fees and taxes, $70/mo is already too much (I'm going to downgrade my plan to the lowest).

I wonder how many PDA users are accessing their network/internet to cause a concern ... maybe they got worried since they keep raising their rate costs -- you know what I mean?

additional rate: the $19.00 hotspot, not worth it -- IMHO.
    Last edited by simba; 05/14/2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: additional info
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Tell them you got a blackberry and want the blackberry unlimited Internet plan for $20. I read someone else did this in another thread to get the cheaper unlimited internet for their Treo.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I too will be switching carriers once my contract expires or they lower the internet plan. I will most likely switch to Sprint as they offer high speed internet for just $15 bucks. I can't wait until they release the Treo 755p.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Tell them you got a blackberry and want the blackberry unlimited Internet plan for $20. I read someone else did this in another thread to get the cheaper unlimited internet for their Treo.

It's now $29/mo.

If you can find the link to $19/mo, please post link.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    My T-Mobile contract expires today (5/14/07). Happily, the 755p is available now on Sprint. I'm switching my wife over as soon as they put it on SERO.

My wife is using my 750 on T-Mobile right now and hates Windows Mobile. She was using a 650 before. Hence the 755p looks like the logical upgrade path.

I will be sad to see T-Mobile go. Customer service is first rate. But Sprint's pricing is irresistable and the coverage around here (Los Angeles metro area) is excellent. Plus T-Mobile doesn't do Treos.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I worked for Radio Shack as a summer job a couple of years ago. At that time, the only 2 cell carriers they sold were Sprint and Verizon. I can tell you this.....EVERYONE that has Sprint hates them. In the 3 months I worked there I bet I heard well over 100 people say how they all hated Sprint and couldn't wait for their contract to expire. And most people had Sprint because Verizon's credit check was much tighter than Sprints'. So most people that we saw didn't qualify for Verizon.

Now.....that was 2 years ago. Who knows what has changed since then, but I hesitate to change from a company running the GSM to one that hasn't caught up with that technology yet.

I am thinking of changing over to Cingular from TMO. I haven't done all the research yet, but unlike TMO, Cingular actually carries the Treo line, so I can get a new phone for a discount and not have to get one from ebay or something. Cingular's website with their pricing is confusing because it lists 3 data plans, ranging from $20 to $40, so who knows how much that really is.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Im taking my Treo 680 to ATT from T-Mobile also. I need a GSM network.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Verizon's credit checks are not necessarily excellent. They screened me out and (well, let's just say I have good credit).

I thought it was funny.

After a dalliance with Sprint and SERO (sadly I had to drop this) I am back at T-Mo with a 750. 3G on Cingular isn't worth the extra $$$ especially given the nonubiquitous coverage. Hotspots plus EDGE are fine.
    I'm still having this issue. Switch or not?
    I am back on the BB internet plan for $19.99. Tmobile: good CS, slow data and wifi.......
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I am back on the BB internet plan for $19.99. Tmobile: good CS, slow data and wifi.......
    I forget, are you using a BB or a T680? I'm thinking about the BB internet plan on my 680 and will I be able to access googlemaps and operamini? I still have t-zones and can access only blazer and DA.

Thanks!
    If you can put up with loooooong hold time for CS calls to Sprint (one of my calls was 20 minutes of wait, 5 minutes of chat, pass off to another dep't for 20 minutes of wait, etc. for well over one hour), and if you are a "normal" user (e.g., me with lotsa international use, I'm not a good Sprint customer) then I would say go over to Sprint. Data speed, price. That's what Sprint has to offer.

EDIT: I am also glad to be back on T-Mobile because of Hotspots. Starbucks, airports. I don't know anyone else who has wifi networks like T-Mobile.
    Yep, I'm still rockin the Treo 680 with the Blackberry plan. You do need to use the tzones setting though.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yep, I'm still rockin the Treo 680 with the Blackberry plan. You do need to use the tzones setting though.
    I'm not sure I got this right...you subscribe to tzones and the bb plan at the same time, together is only $3 more than the total internet plan of $29.99?
    No, black berry internet is $19.99, which is the service I have. However on the Treo itself, you must select the Tzone internet service setting not Tmobile internet or Tmoblie VPN.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    No, black berry internet is $19.99, which is the service I have. However on the Treo itself, you must select the Tzone internet service setting not Tmobile internet or Tmoblie VPN.
    Thanks, I got it. All is well and it doesn't seem slow to me.