Hello,

I have the old AT&T GSM plan. I would like to purchase an unlocked Blackjack, add Mmode to my existing plan, put my old AT&T SIM card into the Blackjack and be able to browse the internet/check email etc... is this possible? I'm not sure what type of SIM card I have or what the differences are, it says Gemplus AT&T on the card. Also, is there a way to get one of those 3G SIM cards for my old AT&T plan? Do I need one for the Blackjack?

Thanks a bunch for any help/advice...
    -Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by isda View Post
    Hello,

I have the old AT&T GSM plan. I would like to purchase an unlocked Blackjack, add Mmode to my existing plan, put my old AT&T SIM card into the Blackjack and be able to browse the internet/check email etc... is this possible? I'm not sure what type of SIM card I have or what the differences are, it says Gemplus AT&T on the card. Also, is there a way to get one of those 3G SIM cards for my old AT&T plan? Do I need one for the Blackjack?

Thanks a bunch for any help/advice...
    -Rich
    There is no need for that. Apparently, the Blackjack will work with your AT&T sim card straight out of the box. There is no need to unlock it. There is also no need to get a new sim card. Your old sim card will work with 3G. To be safe, just go to any Cingular/AT&T corporate store and try your sim card in the phone.