Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to get Treo but I have T Mobile. If I purchase an unlocked Treo will I be able to use all the features with Tmobile service? (T-zones, sending & receiving text messages)
    yes you will be fine, i have done that and it works great.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks... Once I get it, is there anything special I need to do to get t-zones. (i.e. change settings, etc.)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Yes. I've done it with my 650 and now my 680...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I had a 650 on T-Mobile and now I have a 750 on T-Mobile and have experienced no problems at all. The 750 is an unlocked/unbranded one from mobileplanet.com.

You don't have to do anything special. Just drop your SIM card in and (assuming you have a data plan) away you go. T-Zones (the free bits) will be there by default. At least that was my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by QSYFY View Post
    I want to get Treo but I have T Mobile. If I purchase an unlocked Treo will I be able to use all the features with Tmobile service? (T-zones, sending & receiving text messages)
    I recently unlocked a Cingular branded 750 and on my Tmobile account I have the Blackberry plan which is 19.99 a month and can access any and all web sites with no restrictions. I also have no problems with email or text and MMS. I recently called Tmobile for a question on the Treo and they tried to tell me that my Treo wouldn't work with the Blackberry plan and tried to get me to switch to the all internet plan that's $10.00 more a month but I told them to please don't touch my plan and they said ok. You'll be fine.
    What about sending/receiving MMS (picture) messages?

I got an unlocked Treo 680 and got T-Zones automatically and Web and Email work. Text messaging also got working somewhere along the way. By following the instructions in the T-Mobile configurator I got it to send MMS message to "MyAlbum" on MyT-Mobile site. However:

1. I can't send MMS to an off-network recipient.

2. I can't receive MMS from an off-network sender.

3. I CAN SEND MMS to another T-Mobile user.

4. I can't receive MMS from another T-Mobile user.

Even in the case where I can't send, the entire message goes to the server as if it were OK; it just never gets to its destination.
    Last edited by DeviceNode; 04/11/2007 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviceNode View Post
    What about sending/receiving MMS (picture) messages?

I got an unlocked Treo 680 and got T-Zones automatically and Web and Email work. Text messaging also got working somewhere along the way. By following the instructions in the T-Mobile configurator I got it to send MMS message to "MyAlbum" on MyT-Mobile site. However:

1. I can't send MMS to an off-network recipient.

2. I can't receive MMS from an off-network sender.

3. I CAN SEND MMS to another T-Mobile user.

4. I can't receive MMS from another T-Mobile user.

Even in the case where I can't send, the entire message goes to the server as if it were OK; it just never gets to its destination.
    Interesting. I have an unlocked 680 on T-Mobile, using T-Zones also, and have no problems sending and receiving MMS messages on my 680, whether I'm sending or receiving on or off network. I didn't set up the "configurator" either.
    ChristieC,

Would you look in your messaging application and tell me your parameters?

Messaging | Menus | Options | Preferences

1. List settings on "Messages" tab

2. List settings on "Network" tab.

3. On Network tab, if Network Configuration is "Manual", would you click "Edit" and then list those settings for me?

Thanks.
    I was havig mms problems too. I replaced my SIM card 2 weeks ago (for free of course) and now MMS works great, no probs
    Why did you replace your SIM card? Did you trade up memory size (e.g., old = 2K, new = 16K-512K)?

In other words, if I wanted T-Mobile to replace my SIM card, what would I ask them in order to not just get exactly what I had before?
    ChristieC,

Would you look in your messaging application and tell me your parameters?

Messaging | Menus | Options | Preferences

1. List settings on "Messages" tab

2. List settings on "Network" tab.

3. On Network tab, if Network Configuration is "Manual", would you click "Edit" and then list those settings for me?

Thanks.
    Under "Messages," I have:
    New Message: Text Only
    MMS Receipts: Never
    SMS Receipts: Never
    Validity Period: 1 week.

I have "Confirm message deletions" checked, but not Privacy mode.

Under "Network," I have "Automatically collect MMS messages" checked, but not "Even when roaming."

I have the Network configuration on "Automatic." However, when I click "Manual" and "Edit", the settings are as follows.

Message center number: +12063130004
    Email center number: 500
    MMS Gateway Address: 216.155.165.50
    MMS URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Network Profile: Default

Hope that helps!
    Many thanks. Exactly what I have. Two more quick questions:

1. On your main Treo Prefs | Network page, what service is named? Is it an automatically-generated one (no parameters shown, can't modify)?

2. How old is your SIM card?
    I confirmed this at Howard Forums too. But tmobile has put out a few updated cards in the last few years. They all have "small" software upgrades.m
    I did notice that my treo takes about 10 second more to turn on and mms works waaaay better.
    Many thanks. Exactly what I have. Two more quick questions:

1. On your main Treo Prefs | Network page, what service is named? Is it an automatically-generated one (no parameters shown, can't modify)?

2. How old is your SIM card?
    I have to select T-Zones every time I reset, but the network parameters are locked and I can't access them, even when I tap "Modify." My SIM is at least 4 years old.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's the same network profile I have. My SIM is newer than yours, but perhaps I should take Smileyboy's advice and just ask T-Mobile for a new SIM card. Maybe it'll have different software in it that will let the MMS work.

Thanks for everyone's help; I'll report back in a while if I ever get it working.
    for mine:

under options I have "manual" checked

click edit and I have: 216.155.165.050.8080

and I have network profile set to "work"
    BTW I also entered the settings manually BEFORE I got a new SIM. It didn't change anything. I did leave the manual setting in place even after I upgraded the SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly_beach View Post
    for mine:
    under options I have "manual" checked
    click edit and I have: 216.155.165.050.8080
    and I have network profile set to "work"
    Isn't that supposed to be ":8080" with a colon instead of a dot?

Also, what's "work"? This is a profile that you or somebody have manually added. It's in your Treo Prefs | Network.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artmoe View Post
    I recently unlocked a Cingular branded 750 and on my Tmobile account I have the Blackberry plan which is 19.99 a month and can access any and all web sites with no restrictions. I also have no problems with email or text and MMS. I recently called Tmobile for a question on the Treo and they tried to tell me that my Treo wouldn't work with the Blackberry plan and tried to get me to switch to the all internet plan that's $10.00 more a month but I told them to please don't touch my plan and they said ok. You'll be fine.
    I am planning on getting an unlocked Treo 680 to use with T-mobile, and I have a blackberry plan as well. What's required to get the phone working with T-mobile under the blackberry plan? How does the Treo work with the BB e-mail push, does it work the same as the BB devices. I have not touched any Palm stuff for years, what is used as the email client to accept the push email from the RIM blackberry servers? Do you have to set up some kind of email profile to receive emails from the blackberry server? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast