Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is the 680 the current top of the line? I have a BB 8700 on T-mobile and I miss my Shadow Plan (palm app). Ideally I would like a Palm OS phone with a megapixel camera, wifi and voice memo recording capabilitis (especially while on a call). Is there such a model?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevsmith View Post
    Is the 680 the current top of the line? I have a BB 8700 on T-mobile and I miss my Shadow Plan (palm app). Ideally I would like a Palm OS phone with a megapixel camera, wifi and voice memo recording capabilitis (especially while on a call). Is there such a model?
    Top of the line PALM OS is the 680 with spec of VGA (.3) pixel camera, no wifi, and now has voice memos. Palm never made a smartphone with wifi but the window version of treos can use sd wifi cards.
    My wife's trusty Sony Clie has officially died

I was looking at getting her a T/X as a replacement so she would be able to check emails on our home wifi network.

But then I saw that the 680 is only $399 unlocked.

She is on T-mobile. I was hoping to just hook up T-Zones and she would be able to get her pop emails through Versamail.

Can some of you guys confirm that pop emails and T-Zones work togther?

I know about the issues with Google Maps and other website not working. But she would only be using it to check emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe View Post
    My wife's trusty Sony Clie has officially died

I was looking at getting her a T/X as a replacement so she would be able to check emails on our home wifi network.

But then I saw that the 680 is only $399 unlocked.

She is on T-mobile. I was hoping to just hook up T-Zones and she would be able to get her pop emails through Versamail.

Can some of you guys confirm that pop emails and T-Zones work togther?

I know about the issues with Google Maps and other website not working. But she would only be using it to check emails.
    I have the $5.99 T-Zones plan and use Versamail to receive and send email (through my AOL account) all the time. No problems.

Actually, though, I'm baffled by accounts that T-Zones doesn't work for Google Maps and other things. I've never had a problem with Google Maps or streaming audio from TheStreamCenter.com, or with using Mundu 4 for IMs, or with any other website I've tried to access through T-Zones.
  5. jcr
    I have just purchased an unlocked Treo 650 and it's now hooked up to Tmobile...everything seems to be working fine except one MAJOR component...the phone feature itself keeps shutting off...says goodbye in the middle of MANY applications-placing calls/texting/using the internet, etc. I have figured out that holding down the power off button until the tones go off turns the phone and internet on, but it keeps shutting off automatically and I cannot work with it this way...not just the Palm "sleeping" but the phone service disconnecting....HELP!!!!! Any advice? Is it the unit?
    Older versions of Treo 650s had loose SIM tray. Sounds like this is your problem. Cut a piece of paper the size of the SIM card and put it between the tray and the SIM. Search the forum for SIM tray.

HTH
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Can someone help me?

My friend has a factory unlocked Treo 650 i have an unlocked 680.

we both can send full resolution mms pictures to email or other handsets fine.

how ever inbound messages are dinky. like here is the actual photo it gets in the inbox.

TMob is telling me it is the phone. Palm is telling me it is the carrier resizing the image. I agree with Palm.
    i have used the 700P and it wasn't like this at ALL.

Anyone have a clue?!

oh and for those wondering the Tzones / gprs works fine. the sim is a week old. it worked fine in my WIng and my Stipe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    :bump:

Anyone ever get a fix for this?

I have an unlocked Cingular branded Treo 680 and Im using it on Tmo.

Everything works except....

I cannot recieve any MMS from anywhere...

I can send them just fine....

SMS works fine both ways...

Internet works great....

Just recieving MMS doesn't....Id LOVE to get this working.

All the network settings are as is recommended for Tmo's MMS setup

Im stumped.....anyone have a Cingular branded 680 on Tmo that can recieve MMS msgs?

HELP!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post

Actually, though, I'm baffled by accounts that T-Zones doesn't work for Google Maps and other things. I've never had a problem with Google Maps or streaming audio from TheStreamCenter.com, or with using Mundu 4 for IMs, or with any other website I've tried to access through T-Zones.
    Your MunduIM works? Mine won't even load. It just gives me an error of "no internet connection found" or something like that and says Retry or Exit. I paid $11 but for it and REALLY want to use it! Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    :bump:

paulntra im having the same problem. once i get my screen fixed (dad threw phone against wall) and vibration fixed (same thing) im gonna try changing the rom. if that works ill pm you and tell you. if anyone else has gotten it to work please reply or pm?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    already done that dude....new rom did not fix it....just living without MMS for now....doesn't appear to be a solution out there...
    Paulntra,

What do you mean when you say you replaced the ROM? Is this something you do with a funny cable and underground software? Or is it a file on the Treo file list whose version number we can read?

A related question is how does one read the version number of the ROM file?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12