1.    #1  
    I'm looking to join Cingular, and was wanting to ask for some advice.

I was thinking about going with a text plan, things like that, but I am wondering if anyone here has had success with getting an unadvertised deal? Perhaps it could be a bit of an incentive to switch over to their service.

Any stories ones here could share, or just some good advice? I'd sure appreciate that.
    I'm in the same boat, practically -- am thinking about moving off Sprint and porting my # to Cing. I think so far you know the drill: get a Razr with the MediaMax data plan with a ported number, buy the unlocked Treo, use the Razr SIM, done. If there's a cleverer way I don't know it -- I suppose it might be possible to get them to waive one fee or another when you're in the store.

Only question I have at this point is about the plan -- I was a little disappointed to see that the lowest-end (350 minutes?) Cingular plan doesn't have a "nights and weekends" option. I'd like to see if I could add this for nothing, or next to it -- otoh, I really use my 650 for voice calls relatively seldom, so when I checked my logs, I see that I hardly ever went over 350 minutes a month with daytime and nights&weekends combined, so I guess it'll hardly make a difference.
    Their lowest national plan is the $39.99 one with 450 national minutes, 5000 night and weekend minutes, and unlimited mobile to mobile. You can still sign up with the Treo 750. Once your plan is activated simply log on to Cingular's site, change the phone showed that you supposedly have (should show 750 when you login the first time, but you can change it) to one of the regular phones. Once you change the phone, drop the $39.99 data plan and add $19.99 MediaMax plan. This one has unlimited data and 200 SMS, MMS, etc..
    You dont even need to do that. The only reason you need the 39.99 data plan is to get the rebate. If you drop this before the rebate goes through your rebate will be denied. If you dont care about the rebate, and can convince the cingy rep to take less commission you can be on any data plan you want. I work for cingular.
    Treoseur
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1 View Post
    You dont even need to do that. The only reason you need the 39.99 data plan is to get the rebate. If you drop this before the rebate goes through your rebate will be denied. If you dont care about the rebate, and can convince the cingy rep to take less commission you can be on any data plan you want. I work for cingular.
    I heard the MediaMax plan only has a limited internet browser and is different from the browser used with the unlimted data package. Is this accurate? Do both packages use Blazer?

Also, I've heard of people getting bigger additional charges for trying to do this idea, using the MediaMax plan with a Treo. Would this really happen?

And finally, is there anything wrong with doing this idea? It seems like you're breaking rules with doing this.
    The Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #100 - "Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach."

Take over my T-Mobile 12 month Contract - 12 months left, $39.99, free phones, and $40 credit

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=136424
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1 View Post
    If have the old MEdiaNetUnlimited for $19.99. If I get a new treo from cingular (or palm but cingular locked and branded, I want the crimson, heh) how do I keep that plan?

And - am I missing anything on that plan? It doesn't include txt, but I rarely use them and am fine with the $4.99 text plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
    If have the old MEdiaNetUnlimited for $19.99. If I get a new treo from cingular (or palm but cingular locked and branded, I want the crimson, heh) how do I keep that plan?

And - am I missing anything on that plan? It doesn't include txt, but I rarely use them and am fine with the $4.99 text plan.
    19.99 medianet unlimited + 4.99 text plan = unlimited internet, 200 text messages = $24.99/mo

19.99 media max = unlimited internet, 200 text/mms = $19.99/mo

even if you dont use a lot of text, i'd still switch. it saves you money but you can still text if/when you want to
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I've had the Medianet plan since it came out, and I've switched phones several times (600 to 650 to 8125). You don't lose Medianet unless you cancel it (or do something stupid that allows them to cancel it). I'll be able to use it for 3G, too - IF they ever get their act together around here. We were supposed to have it Jan/Feb; now they are saying MAYBE Oct/Nov. Talk about being WAY OFF! :-(
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    the only reason i am posting this is because i got my cingular video back on my 750. my reps will be pissed when they find out you know about these deals http://consumerist.com/consumer/cing...rep-241953.php
    Nothing new here, but thanks for the link?