Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    I don't stream music with Pocket Tunes. I just use it to play my own MP3s that are loaded to my SD RAM card with a card reader from my PCs and Macs that have been MP3d from my own collection of legitimately bought music. I don't do mobile TV yet. I do have GoogleMaps and that needs to work. It's a good program and I used it a lot before T-Mobile crapped out its service. I don't have kmaps, I have kmeteo and that also needs to work. In addition to those that need to work are xWeather, Quick News, and Express. Technical solutions for these are needed, you know, numbers and settings. I'm a technician myself and it's all about the numbers and settings.
    Please speak to me in TCP/IP, ports, URLs. You know, lets talk tech. OK?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient One View Post
    This does work.
    On board e-mail is working by changing port to 465 for outgoing mail for those who had problems sending but were able to receive with VersaMail. It's molasses slow but it works.
    Set outgoing port 25.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient One View Post
    I don't stream music with Pocket Tunes. I just use it to play my own MP3s that are loaded to my SD RAM card with a card reader from my PCs and Macs that have been MP3d from my own collection of legitimately bought music. I don't do mobile TV yet. I do have GoogleMaps and that needs to work. It's a good program and I used it a lot before T-Mobile crapped out its service. I don't have kmaps, I have kmeteo and that also needs to work. In addition to those that need to work are xWeather, Quick News, and Express. Technical solutions for these are needed, you know, numbers and settings. I'm a technician myself and it's all about the numbers and settings.
    Please speak to me in TCP/IP, ports, URLs. You know, lets talk tech. OK?
    The only proxy that I am aware that works with anything is the IP proxy on port 8080. And as far as I know, this only works with the Blazer browser. To my knowledge, Google Maps and these other apps won't allow you to enter a proxy.

I use Mundu, and there is a setting for an HTTP proxy in those settings, but when I enter the "proxy URL" as http://216.155.165.050:8080 it still doesn't connect. So I assume this isn't gonna work either.

For those other programs, I don't use them, so check each one to see if you can set a Proxy with an IP on port 8080 and see if that works.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    I use Mundu, and there is a setting for an HTTP proxy in those settings, but when I enter the "proxy URL" as http://216.155.165.050:8080 it still doesn't connect. So I assume this isn't gonna work either.
    Have you tried it with out the http : / / in front of the address?
    I had full access on my 750 till sometime last week i can't connect to anything anymore. A friend of mine with the same phone is having the same problem. Anyone has figured out a way? I've already tried inserting http://216.155.165.050:8080 and it still doesn't connect. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    Have you tried it with out the http : / / in front of the address?
    Mundu still doesnt connect. has anyone found a port that would allow mundu to connect?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I can't get Mundu to connect either. Its still down in Dallas, over a week now. Has it come back up for anyone?
    I can't get Mundu to connect either. Its still down in Dallas, over a week now. Has it come back up for anyone?
    I haven't haven't had a connection since 5/7 in SF bay area.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsluggo View Post
    I haven't haven't had a connection since 5/7 in SF bay area.
    Yep, that is when T-Mobile, shut down the port that lets all users get "free" data access.

Really, we all know this is the way it is supposed to be.
    I am not really where I can afford or really need to use T-Mobile Internet at an additional $29.99 per month.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Houston - we have a problem.....
    Not able to access internet since 5/11.
    I'm knocking on wood as I type this, but T-Zones hasn't been down for me at all -- I've been on Mundu4 pretty much all day every day for the last 6 weeks, without a proxy and without a problem. Audio streaming on TheStreamCenter.com and Google Maps and everything else has continued working fine, as well. I'm on the East Coast.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I'm knocking on wood as I type this, but T-Zones hasn't been down for me at all -- I've been on Mundu4 pretty much all day every day for the last 6 weeks, without a proxy and without a problem. Audio streaming on TheStreamCenter.com and Google Maps and everything else has continued working fine, as well. I'm on the East Coast.
    It seems you're the only Treo 680 TMO person who still has internet access besides via Blazer. Did you register as a Treo 600 or 650 (since they don't have the 680) or as another type of phone? Does TMO know you have a 680?

I only have acess via Blazer for the last several weeks.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    It seems you're the only Treo 680 TMO person who still has internet access besides via Blazer. Did you register as a Treo 600 or 650 (since they don't have the 680) or as another type of phone? Does TMO know you have a 680?

I only have acess via Blazer for the last several weeks.
    I do not have a phone selected at TMO at all and I refuse to select one, although I access my account via the T-Mobile website all of the time. I believe I told a CSR once that I had the 680, when I was trying to resolve the reset issue where the network choice defaults back to T-Mobile Internet all the time, but I don't think they noted it on my account.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I do not have a phone selected at TMO at all and I refuse to select one, although I access my account via the T-Mobile website all of the time. I believe I told a CSR once that I had the 680, when I was trying to resolve the reset issue where the network choice defaults back to T-Mobile Internet all the time, but I don't think they noted it on my account.
    You're definitely the fortunate one!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    T-Mobile does know which phone you are using even though your phone is registered.
    Houston is up and running again with no proxy... and I almost switched to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i am in houston but still not able to access net w/o proxy.
    And on another note I don't even have T-Zones on my bill and it is just working! Btw I'm currently at work here in MD Anderson in the Medical Center.
    I unlocked a Treo600 that had been on Cingular last December and ended up buying a pre-paid T-Mobile To Go SIM - just to get it working.

[The Cingular - now at&t - account moved to a new Treo680. I also have a BlackBerry 7100t on T-Mobile supplied by my employer.]

I was curious if any data access worked on this T-Mobile to Go plan so I tried web access and setting up email with my own server.

For the network connection I used T-Zones and IT JUST WORKED.

What surprised me was that it consumed NONE of the pre-paid minutes / dollars.

Can we assume that it was never supposed to work and that T-Mobile has closed off this access now?

I am NOT paying them for T-Mobile Internet and I cannot even see any way to do that with my pre-paid account.
    LCBrevard in San Jose, CA
    Hey all. I just got an unlocked Cingular Treo 680 to use with my t-mobile sim card. I am experiencing the same problems. It must be something to do with t-mobile detecting the phone, because I can toss my sim back into my Nokia E60 and everything still works from gooble maps, to imap idle email, to the browswer and all without proxy. I had thought maybe the connection settings were different as the nokia's username is 'nokia' and the password i cannot see. I typed in a few different names and passwords on the Treo and they all seem to work.