Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am in Dallas and I can't connect to anything without the proxy, except Chatter Email
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    I am on my 650 right now, using the IP proxy. Last time this happened, someone said that TMO does this every once in a while to try and get people to "upgrade" (more money, same service)
    I went to a T-Mobile store on 5-10 and they pulled up an internal memo that said the T-Zones service was "upgraded" to keep PDAs from accessing the full internet through this service. They had become aware that T-Zones was being used instead of their exhorbidantly expensive internet service and adjusted the service to exclude the ability for PDAs to access the full internet. This is what Dallas company in-store reps said. They pulled this stuff up from their internal memo system.
    I am in Dallas and I can't connect to anything without the proxy, except Chatter Email
    I'm, also in Dallas and I can't pull up anything. I receive some e-mails but otherwise no internet access through T-Zones. Looking for a way to do that. I have been getting good access through T-Zones for 2 months and all of a sudden two days ago it went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Googlemaps is down in Denver. everything else is working fine
    I'm in Dallas and here is not the same here.
    I'm also in Dallas and I can't connect to anything using T-Zones. Any succinct technical solutions would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    You can use the proxy IP for Web Browsing. Thatis 216.165.155.050. I put this into my Blazer Browser and it works fine.

As far as IM, Google Maps, and all the others, I do not know of a way to get them to work. Right now the only things that I can use is Blazer with that proxy setting and Chatter Email.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient One View Post
    I went to a T-Mobile store on 5-10 and they pulled up an internal memo that said the T-Zones service was "upgraded" to keep PDAs from accessing the full internet through this service. They had become aware that T-Zones was being used instead of their exhorbidantly expensive internet service and adjusted the service to exclude the ability for PDAs to access the full internet. This is what Dallas company in-store reps said. They pulled this stuff up from their internal memo system.
    What you have to remember is that the TMO reps lie through their teeth. They told me, when I first got my Treo 600, that I wouldn't be able to use TZones at all....it simply wouldn't work. I got on this website and found that info simply wasn't true. I called them back and tested them again by asking probing questions and they swear up and down that TZones won't work with a PDA at all.

Now, having said that, perhaps they "fixed" the problem for real this time, I don't know. The last time this happened a couple of months ago, someone posted either here or in the mytreo.net forum about the fact that TMO does this every couple of month to try to get people to move to the $29.99 plan. But they always turn it back on, at least always have.

So I think that I will wait and see what they do this time. My wife gets discounts through her company on Cingular products and plans and Cingular's Unlimited Data Plan is $10/month cheaper than TMO. And of course,Cingular actually CARRIES the Treo, so I can get a discount on a real, true-to-life, brand new phone, which I can't do through TMO anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    My T-zones doesn't seem to be working this morning, anybody else have that problem?
    Happening again 5-10-07. Got any technical solutions for a technician needing access without paying their exhorbidant internet fee?.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    My T-zones doesn't seem to be working this morning, anybody else have that problem?
    Sure. Dallas. Got any solutions?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    3 days and no connection. Just email and text - no blazer, no opera mini, no googlemaps, no DA, no Causerie. Hopefully it'll start up again.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient One View Post
    Is there a setup that will allow me to get everything I had on T-Zones before the outages? I had Google maps, kMeteo, fully functioning e-mail (Now I'm limited to only receiving e-mails with Versa Mail.), Quick News, Express, full web access and xWeather. If so what exactly are the settings - how is this done? I'm stuck because T-Mobile refuses to add any other internet access to my account even if I pay the ridiculous deposit of $250. I had them cancel T-Zones because it was useless in its present condition but can have it reinstated if there is a way to use it. I don't mind paying the $5.99 or up to $10 but $29.99 is ridiculous if they would add it - which they refuse to do. They won't allow me to get out of the contract without charging me $200 even though the agreed on internet access has been turned off by them, not me. When I bought the account I made it clear to the vendor that mobile internet access was why I wanted the account to begin with. He told me about the T-Zones and suggested I use that for FULL internet access instead of the more expensive method(s). I would never have known about it otherwise.
    I also want the ability to add other internet based apps if needed.
    Could you sign up to T-Mobile Internet online?
    That would allow you to use GoogleMaps.

The proxy settings won't do more than you get now. Withouth T-Mobile Internet, you won't get GoogleMaps, Kmaps, streaming music on Pocketunes, MobiTV, etc.

Go into Blazer>Options>Preferences>Advanced>Set Proxy>Use custom proxy
    Set proxy to 216.155.165.050
    Port:8080
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    3 days and no connection. Just email and text - no blazer, no opera mini, no googlemaps, no DA, no Causerie. Hopefully it'll start up again.
    I'm also in the bay area. Is there a trick to getting email? I can't get anything. I don't care about any of the other apps, but I do miss email.

When I try the get mail button in versamail, the phone quickly flashes connecting to T-zones, connected, connecting to mailserver, then an error message

Unable to connect to pop.xxx.xxx.com Please verify your server name entry.

[xxx.xxx contains my pop email server info]

Same results with or without the proxy. I used to be able to get full access without the proxy. I've got a To Go sim.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My email thru Chatter is working fine. Since it uses pop and smtp ports, it doesn't seem to be affected on my service.

Are you paying for Tzones? The $5.99 pkg? I pay for that, so that might be why mine is working.

Are you paying for Tzones? The $5.99 pkg? I pay for that, so that might be why mine is working.
    No, I just have what ever comes free with prepaid service. I don't use enough minutes to justify the cost of a monthly plan.

Oh, well, maybe it will come back again.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have the $5.99 plan... it is cheap enough I don't mind paying for it, I just don't wanna pay $30

Looks like the Tzones are still down in Dallas this morning.
    Houston, TX has been down for the past 3 days as well. Internet works with the proxy, but I can not justify paying 29.99 for internet w/ hotspots when the hotspots are totally useless for treo's. I will switch carriers if either the proxy is not freed again or they come up with a $15 or less plan for just internet. Everyone else is cheaper in regards to speed, Sprint =$15 (highspeed), Cingular =$39.99 (highspeed). This is just very dissapointing.
    Please tell me how to enter the proxy settings on a Tmobile MDA> It worked great for a few months, but now I can't surf or send e-mails.

I'm going to Canada tonight. It worked well in Vancouver last week and in Mexico City a few weeks ago.
    I'm still able to get everything on T-Zones without using a proxy: GoogleMaps, TheStreamCenter.com, Directory Assistant, VersaMail, etc. No connection issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    I have a plan that does not allow me to do that. Plus the $30 a month is just plain ridiculous. If I drop the plan there is also a penalty for not being on for a year. Sux, doesn't it. So I need to get all my apps working on what is available.

The proxy settings won't do more than you get now. Withouth T-Mobile Internet, you won't get GoogleMaps, Kmaps, streaming music on Pocketunes, MobiTV, etc.
    I don't use streaming music on pocket tunes, just load my own MP3s on with my PC via card reader. I don't have Kmaps, I have kmeteo, a weather application and need to get it back to working. I do have GoogleMaps and that still needs a way to be able to work since getting the ridiculously priced T-Mobile Internet is not an option with the plan I have.
    In addition there is Quick News, xWeather, and Express that also need to work. Anybody got any solid information on those and exactly how to get them to work? Settings? Techie stuff needed. I'm a support technician myself and need solid technical solutions that work.

This does work.
    On board e-mail is working by changing port to 465 for outgoing mail for those who had problems sending but were able to receive with VersaMail. It's molasses slow but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    T-Mobile won't allow that with my plan. No choices there. Ieven offered to pay cash in advance and they turned it down flat. My "cash ain't nuttin but trash" to them.

I don't stream music with Pocket Tunes. I just use it to play my own MP3s that are loaded to my SD RAM card with a card reader from my PCs and Macs. I don't do mobile TV. I do have GoogleMaps and that needs to work, period. I don't have kmaps, AI have kmeteo and that also needs to work, period. In addition to those that need to work, period, are xWeather, Quick News, and Express. Technical solutions for these are needed, you know, numbers and settings. I'm a technician myself and I know it's all in the numbers and settings.

This works.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast