Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
    As of today April 8th, 2007 still nothing in Miami.
    It's almost one month now...
    I believe that the free full internet for people with prepaid plan (tmobile to-go) is gone forever...
    It still isn't working for me either, and I've given up: this weekend I made an agreement to take over a T-Mobile contract that someone else wants to get rid of.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Still working in Washington.
    Still only paying $2.99 a month.

(I just realized you said T-Mo to go; No I don't have that service. I have family plan)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    Still working in Washington.
    Still only paying $2.99 a month.

(I just realized you said T-Mo to go; No I don't have that service. I have family plan)
    From this, I'd guess they've disabled internet access just for prepaid accounts, not contracts -- so when I got a contract yesterday, it*might have been sufficient for me to tell them I wanted TMobileWeb rather than Total Internet.

Does TMobileWeb allow Internet access to secure sites (e.g., https pages)?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Nau View Post
    Does TMobileWeb allow Internet access to secure sites (e.g., https pages)?
    YES! Full access;
    till they close it again.

(just logged into paypal to verify)
    Googlemaps is down in Denver. everything else is working fine
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Yep, down again in Tacoma.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Seems to be down in Dallas/Ft Worth too. Chatteremail is working, but not port 80 and not Mundu either.

Has anyone spoken with Tmobile?
    It has been down in SF bay area since yesterday.
    Now its backup..... I can't wait till the 755p comes out. I am out. Cya Tmobile
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Now its backup..... I can't wait till the 755p comes out. I am out. Cya Tmobile
    We could just pay the $29.99 per month.
    Hmm... maybe I'll just have to go without my GoogleMaps.

Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    Seems to be down in Dallas/Ft Worth too. Chatteremail is working, but not port 80 and not Mundu either.

Has anyone spoken with Tmobile?
    I did the last time. But when I think about it; I don't pay for a data plan. So really, I'm not out "anything." I still have my Gmail on Versamail, and I still get web access.
    Has anybody tried going directly to a T-Mobile store and asking them? I did in Dallas Texas and they told me that the "problem" with T-Zones was fixed yesterday morning 5-9-07. That "problem" was that PDAs were getting full internet access through the inexpensive T-Zones and they didn't want that to be happening. Basically they didn't want anyone getting good cheap internet access with a PDA through that service. They wanted you to have to pay the exhorbidant $30 a month rate instead. After haggling in an actual T-Mobile store with them for what turned out to be several hours over the phone and in the store I dropped T-Zones and was refused their internet plan due to my being on their "Smart" plan even if I posted the $250 deposit. They kept saying I shouldn't have been able to use T-Zones for full internet access from the beginning. Well, I did and it looks like plenty of folks here did too.
    The $5.99 was what it was actually worth in today's world! Why cant somebody sell something reasonably priced that's good?! Totally ridiculous the way these telcos operate. I bought this service through an "authorized dealer" instead of a store who verbally advised me to use T-Zones and swap the SIM card to a PDA instead of buying the more expensive T-Mobile internet service because T-Zones worked for internet access the same.
    The "authorized dealer" i bought the service from is not actually T-Mobile and therefore not responsible for doing customer service on misrepresenting them.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get the T-Zones back up and working for full internet access? I'll sign up for it again if you do. Right now the suggestions have been to buy internet service for the Treo 680 through another carrier such as Cingular - making me have to carry two phones. Plus Cingular'll want a deposit also. I'm dead in the water without having any internet connection on my PDA. It's just a fancy phone without full functionality now.
    How about some grass roots lobbying?! Since T-Zones is such a good service for PDAs, help request of them to turn off the PDA blockages and do some good customer service for a change and allow internet access for PDAs at a good price.
    Also could use alternative method of accessing the internet using the Treo 680. Preferably inexpensive to free.
    Last edited by Ancient One; 05/10/2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    You can use the proxy for internet service. But it won't get you Googlemaps, etc.
    I used the internet for google map and stockmanager update. I will pay t zone price for that kind of usage, but never would pay any thing more than $10.
    Is there a setup that will allow me to get everything I had on T-Zones before the outages? I had Google maps, kMeteo, fully functioning e-mail (Now I'm limited to only receiving e-mails with Versa Mail.), Quick News, Express, full web access and xWeather. If so what exactly are the settings - how is this done? I'm stuck because T-Mobile refuses to add any other internet access to my account even if I pay the ridiculous deposit of $250. I had them cancel T-Zones because it was useless in its present condition but can have it reinstated if there is a way to use it. I don't mind paying the $5.99 or up to $10 but $29.99 is ridiculous if they would add it - which they refuse to do. They won't allow me to get out of the contract without charging me $200 even though the agreed on internet access has been turned off by them, not me. When I bought the account I made it clear to the vendor that mobile internet access was why I wanted the account to begin with. He told me about the T-Zones and suggested I use that for FULL internet access instead of the more expensive method(s). I would never have known about it otherwise.
    I also want the ability to add other internet based apps if needed.
    Last edited by Ancient One; 05/11/2007 at 05:42 AM.
    I'm still getting 100% of everything on the internet on my 680 on T-Zones that I always have, without a proxy. Google Maps, TheStreamCenter.com, and everything else are working fine for me (I just tested to be sure).
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am on my 650 right now, using the IP proxy. Last time this happened, someone said that TMO does this every once in a while to try and get people to "upgrade" (more money, same service)
    Denver? I live in Longmont-

I dont use tzones- too much instability- I use a blackberry plan on my treo750 and it works great.

but yes I've noticed that the "servers" has had been struggling lately....
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTacMatt View Post
    You can use the proxy for internet service. But it won't get you Googlemaps, etc.
    I have Google Maps and want to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Denver? I live in Longmont-

I dont use tzones- too much instability- I use a blackberry plan on my treo750 and it works great.

but yes I've noticed that the "servers" has had been struggling lately....
    No such problems in Dallas. How do you know its the servers? I'm a support technician.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I'm still getting 100% of everything on the internet on my 680 on T-Zones that I always have, without a proxy. Google Maps, TheStreamCenter.com, and everything else are working fine for me (I just tested to be sure).
    Not so here in north Dallas.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast