Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello Skahmo,

Even I had the same thing on my 650. I was able to access internet thru T zones. But since last friday i am not able to and when I enter proxy settings it takes me a home page of t zones. looks like days of free internet are over

(
    My daughters regular old samsung phone which has the T-zones plan (5.99) is not worling with T-zones. I spoke to t-Mo today, they say there is a global outage of T-zones
    Kevin
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It's NUTS that TMO reps tell eveyrone something different! It isn't surprising, but it is just crazy.

Tzones are still down in Dallas.
    Spoke to a Tmobile rep last night and confirmed that the only way to access the web is by adding on the Total Internet option ($29.99). I was told that T-Mobile Web (formerly tzones) can only be used for WAP browsers...apparently the Tmobile network won't allow any "complicated" actions like java scripts to work. He told me that another customer with a motorola pebl can no longer access the gmail or google maps applications because they use scripting that Tmobile Web is filtering. Sorry guys, you need to get the total internet package to do any web surfing. Hope someone can figure a way around this.

Was told that the new "patches" should be in place by March 1st nationwide.
    Web access and VersaMail in K.C. with the $5.99 plan is still working BUT unstable. It went down briefly and I had to do a soft-reset yesterday and today before it would start working again.

I can't afford monthly fees for a cable modem and the Total Internet option ($29.99) on top of my cable TV and cell phone payments (I plan to buy a new car and house soon too).

Is the google maps program working on Total Internet option? If not, there is no advantage to the Total Internet for me. If so, it wouldn't really make a difference; even though google maps is awesome, it's not worth the extra $24/month. I'll stick with the $6 plan.
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usthaiguy View Post
    Web access and VersaMail in K.C. with the $5.99 plan is still working BUT unstable. It went down briefly and I had to do a soft-reset yesterday and today before it would start working again.

I can't afford monthly fees for a cable modem and the Total Internet option ($29.99) on top of my cable TV and cell phone payments (I plan to buy a new car and house soon too).

Is the google maps program working on Total Internet option? If not, there is no advantage to the Total Internet for me. If so, it wouldn't really make a difference; even though google maps is awesome, it's not worth the extra $24/month. I'll stick with the $6 plan.
    For real! That's why I went over to TMO!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcts View Post
    Spoke to a Tmobile rep last night and confirmed that the only way to access the web is by adding on the Total Internet option ($29.99). I was told that T-Mobile Web (formerly tzones) can only be used for WAP browsers...apparently the Tmobile network won't allow any "complicated" actions like java scripts to work. He told me that another customer with a motorola pebl can no longer access the gmail or google maps applications because they use scripting that Tmobile Web is filtering. Sorry guys, you need to get the total internet package to do any web surfing. Hope someone can figure a way around this.

Was told that the new "patches" should be in place by March 1st nationwide.
    This is their standard company line. If you call them and ask point-blank if the $5.99 plan will work on a PDA phone (treo, BB or that stoopid sidekick thing they have...) they will tell you NO. It's always been their standard answer they give, trying to get everyone to upgrade to the $30/month plan.

However, up until a week or so ago, this was untrue. Like someone said earlier, they change it every so often.

I'll tell you what would fix this whole thing... go to Apps>Prefs>network. In this area, if there was some way to create a duplicate of the Tzones setting that we could modify and ADD the proxy to...seems to me like ALL apps would work. I've tried doing this, but the Treo tells me that even duplication has been locked by my cell provider. I'm not sure how to change that.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    tzones is BACK in Dallas. I am posting this from my Treo with no proxy. google maps and I'm+ are also working again
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    still on the web but cannot send out emails. anyone know why? or is this normal? I see what everyone says here before I call CS.

thanks.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    what about Blackberry Unlimited internet anyone try that yet? Its $19.99
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    still on the web but cannot send out emails. anyone know why? or is this normal? I see what everyone says here before I call CS.

thanks.
    You have to set the SMTP server. Check these instructions...
    http://forums.keyboardjunkies.com/in...pic,417.0.html
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    You have to set the SMTP server. Check these instructions...
    http://forums.keyboardjunkies.com/in...pic,417.0.html
    Thank you soooo much! I'm surprise that the instructions are on another site (not on TMO). I'm good to go on my outbound emails. btw, I still have internet access.
    Last edited by simba; 03/01/2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    Wow, It Is Back In Denver:d
    Yeah Boooooiiiiiiii
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    tzones is BACK in Dallas. I am posting this from my Treo with no proxy. google maps and I'm+ are also working again
    YIPPY! Indeed google maps is back in action.

Does anyone know if the free T-zones is back to "normal", the way it was many days ago when we didn't have to pay a monthly fee but could still access email, internet, and google maps?

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
    Well, they say that patience is a virtue, so I'm not feeling very virtuous this morning. After reading posts that T-Zones is back up for many people, I deleted the proxy settings, and everything fired up perfectly. Even GoogleMaps, which I hadn't even heard of before visiting this forum, works great. As to the question of whether the free, proxy-less access is working, I have no answer since I enrolled in the $5.99 plan. I suppose I could cancel it, but I guess I feel better about paying something for it -- getting it for free is kinda like piggy-backing someone else's WiFi (hope my next-door neighbor is reading this).
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    This is great news! Interestingly, I saw a post by jkontherun.com talking about it, T-Mobile data plans suddenly stop working, sorry you have to scroll to the bottom.

Basically, they're saying they've got a t-mobile paper saying that the lock down was intentional, but then we have what we're having now, which is that they're all opened up again. Oddness.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just checked, and mine is back too. Woot!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just curious, do you all keep the internet on or log on when you need it? If you keep it on all the time, does it affect your battery drain? When I was on Verizon, I just logged on when necessary (email, some web downloading, etc.).
    Just curious, do you all keep the internet on or log on when you need it?
    I leave it connected. Sometimes it gets disconnected because of dead spots in the building where I work (no signal) and, I also turn the "phone" part off at night so I don't have SMS waking me up. Then, I use a program called 2playme to automatically logon and check my email at a specified time in the morning. So as long as I don't go somewhere without a signal or T-mobile didn't kick me from the network, my T-zones is always on. By the end of the day, with maybe 30 min of talk time and light internet usage, my battery is at 80%. This of course, is assuming you've applied the battery patch from Palm.

<BR>Love this show<P>
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just curious, do you all keep the internet on or log on when you need it? If you keep it on all the time, does it affect your battery drain? When I was on Verizon, I just logged on when necessary (email, some web downloading, etc.).
    I don't log out of T-Zones. It does that after awhile.
    I keep a car charger with me. I charge it up also when I get home.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast