Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 253
  1. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
       #21  
    still down in CA.
  2. SoTacMatt's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #22  
    Now, I no have web access at all.
    Last edited by SoTacMatt; 02/26/2007 at 07:12 PM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    The rep said it was down. I may call back just to check the staus of it.
    Spoke to a representative on the phone. Outages are reported from East to West coast. She also said it should be back up this evening. We'll see.
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

    Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
  4. kc5hwb's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #24  
    My Blazer is working with the proxt set. Versamail works fine also, but it doesn't use port 80. Googlemaps still won't work, nor IM+ chat nor Opera-Mini (which doesn't have a setting for the proxy).
  5. #25  
    Bluetooth DUN. Posting with my 650 through my Mac's bluetooth connection. No substitute for gprs but at least I'm online at home (while my wife monopolizes the desktop ). Sure hope service gets restored.
  6. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
       #26  
    Lots of interesting ideas on why it's down over at howardforums and slashdot. At slashdot they're saying tmob won't allow 3rd party apps any more, I don't think it has been confirmed though.

    Smiley, do all your apps run ok on the $30 plan?
  7. SoTacMatt's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Lots of interesting ideas on why it's down over at howardforums and slashdot. At slashdot they're saying tmob won't allow 3rd party apps any more, I don't think it has been confirmed though.

    Smiley, do all your apps run ok on the $30 plan?
    I tried it for a bit, and yes, they all work on T-Mobile Internet $29.99 plan.
  8. #28  
    yeah all the apps work it just sucks. it isn't workin. I'm back in denver now I gotta check tzones to see if it is changed here.
  9. #29  
    Nope still not working in denver.
  10. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
       #30  
    I think i'm just gonna go with the $30 plan. At least i get hotspot wifi now, yay.

    Too bad my treo doesn't do wifi!!! Paalllllllllmmmmmmmm!!!!
  11. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
       #31  
    I just signed on for the $30 plan. One minor positive is that i won't have to manually set to t-zones network every time i sign on now. Now i've got more reason to visit my local starbucks, er, t-mobile hotspot.
  12. #32  
    T-Zones still down for me too. It went down yesterday afternoon.
    I'm currently in Florida (Orlando), but my number is a NYC number. So I'm not sure if my T-Zones are going by physical position
  13. kc5hwb's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #33  
    Tzones still down in Dallas.

    Not allowing 3rd party apps anymore?? How can they block that, yet still allow Blazer and other apps that run on the same port?
  14. #34  
    Seems like T-Mobile is hip to us -- my "free" Internet stopped working yesterday afternoon in Memphis. I entered the proxy settings for T-Zones, but could only access T-Zones pages. Any attempt to access other URLs routed me to a page inviting me to sign up for T-Mobile Web at $5.99 per month. I did so this morning, and although the CS rep thought I wouldn't have full Internet access, so far I'm finding it just as before. VersaMail, with attachments, is working beautifully, and Blazer takes me to all the places I went before, including non-wap pages. I still need to use the proxy settings for T-Zones. Before signing up for the $29.99 T-Mobile Internet, you might want to give T-Mobile Web a try.
  15. #35  
    I'm still able to get mail, but not send, and can use Blazer, but Toccer and hblogger are no-gos.

    Ironically I just stopped using the grandfathered $20 internet plan.

    Serves me right!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skahmo View Post
    Seems like T-Mobile is hip to us -- my "free" Internet stopped working yesterday afternoon in Memphis. I entered the proxy settings for T-Zones, but could only access T-Zones pages. Any attempt to access other URLs routed me to a page inviting me to sign up for T-Mobile Web at $5.99 per month. I did so this morning, and although the CS rep thought I wouldn't have full Internet access, so far I'm finding it just as before. VersaMail, with attachments, is working beautifully, and Blazer takes me to all the places I went before, including non-wap pages. I still need to use the proxy settings for T-Zones. Before signing up for the $29.99 T-Mobile Internet, you might want to give T-Mobile Web a try.
    Same here. today I signed up for the $5.99 plan. My Internet browser and VersaMail now work like they did several days ago. As you mentioned, the only caveat is now I must use proxy settings for my Internet browser. Make sure you clear the cache. at first, I wasn't able to view the webpages in my bookmarks. The browser continued to load the old 504 page error message until this was done.

    oh well, can't complain too much. I used the T-Mobile t-zones web for free for two months. I probably used more than my share of data. Just for fun, I will cancel my subscription to T-zones tomorrow and see if I can continue to access e-mail and Web. It is nice of them to give us pro-rated subscriptions that are easy to add and remove at any time from their website.

    if they try to block Treo users from using Blazer or VersaMail, I plan to switch to another carrier. hopefully it won't come to that.
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

    Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
  17. kc5hwb's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #37  
    skahmo
    the tmobile web is what we are saying is down in these places. tmo changed the name from tzones to tmobile web a while back. I am paying the $5.99 price as I always have, and blazer with the proxy works, versamail is fine, but no other apps, like google maps are working, which I have used for the last year with no problems.
  18. #38  
    Orange County, CA. 1:11pm

    No more cheap internet =(

    I can only receive emails, nothing else.

    What are the necessary proxy settings? Address? Port?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    skahmo
    the tmobile web is what we are saying is down in these places. tmo changed the name from tzones to tmobile web a while back. I am paying the $5.99 price as I always have, and blazer with the proxy works, versamail is fine, but no other apps, like google maps are working, which I have used for the last year with no problems.
    Hmm, interesting... what I referred to as "T-Zones" is the VERY limited wap access that comes bundled with most T-Mobile plans. When I got my Treo (after getting rid of a very frustrating DASH), I canceled the T-Mobile Internet, and told CS I wanted to downgrade to T-Zones, expecting the $5.99 package. I was told that T-Zones was free, the $5.99 was for T-Mobile Web, which allowed access to more wap-enabled sites and e-mail. With that basic T-Zones package, I had very satisfactory access to Internet and email. All I know is that the "free" access via T-Zones no longer works, but the $5.99 access via T-Mobile Web does. My impression from reading forums here and elsewhere is that most posters weren't able to access any content at all -- if it's merely a third party app issue, perhaps I acted too hastily in switching.

    So I ask the community: Is this an issue only with apps such as GoogleMaps, etc., or are you experiencing complete inability to access any of the basic Palm-bundled content (i.e. VersaMail, Blazer)?
  20. #40  
    The stupid tmobile name game is annoying. So I'll just call it the $5.99 plan. I believe the consensus is that the $5.99 plan, up until a couple of days ago, was allowing full access to everything- versamail, blazer, and 3rd party apps like googlemap. Now the $5.99 plan, at least for me, only allows me to receive email in versamail.

    The whole name game has been discussed in depth. Perhaps we should make a sticky with a plain english explanation.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions