Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    $2.99!! u dont mean $4.99 do you?? jeez
    I do mean $2.99
    I'm grandfathered in at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I SO don't want to hear or believe that!!!! I guess I'll just count my blessings while it lasts, then move to the $19.99 blackberry plan if they cut me off (notice I said IF, not WHEN -- I will continue to think positively!!!!).
    We've been smugly GoogleMapping in Chicago while most of the rest of the country went dark (as I noticed in my travels). But it looks like the grim port reaper arrived in Illinois this week, and started blocking T-Mobile Web ports as he has elsewhere.

I hear Delaware is next.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I believe there are folks already that no longer have T-zones in Delaware - except for ChristieC. She's the lucky one! Seems she's grandfathered in her internet plan - I wonder if others are this fortunate (with having it grandfathered in).

Oh well, I'm stuck with my plan for 2 years and went with the Blackberry Unltd connect for $19/mo when my t-zones went down. At least it's not $40/mo.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Yep, I think that as of today, I may have been shut down, too. I'm still the tiniest bit hopeful (as insane as that might be!) that this is just a system glitch that will last only a few days or something, but realistically I think my days of unfettered T-Mobile Web access are over!! I guess I should just count my blessings that it lasted as long as it did!

And by the way, Simba, I was never grandfathered on T-Zones (I've only had it since maybe January or February of this year, when I changed from my $19.99 T-Mobile Internet plan). I think I was just fortunate enough to be in one of the last geographic areas to be shut down.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 07/20/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yep, I think that as of today, I may have been shut down, too. I'm still the tiniest bit hopeful (as insane as that might be!) that this is just a system glitch that will last only a few days or something, but realistically I think my days of unfettered T-Mobile Web access are over!! I guess I should just count my blessings that it lasted as long as it did!

And by the way, Simba, I was never grandfathered on T-Zones (I've only had it since maybe January or February of this year, when I changed from my $19.99 T-Mobile Internet plan). I think I was just fortunate enough to be in one of the last geographic areas to be shut down.

oops, sorry - thought you were grandfathered in; seems like it since you've had it for as long as you did - over all of us. Maybe they thought you were still on the $19 plan. I waited 2 weeks and figured it wasn't coming back for us in the Bay Area and got on the Blackberry plan.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge

So here in Chi-Town, if our $6 dollar plan went down yesterday, we can upgrade to the $20 BB plan and not the $30 total internet plan?

Thanks,

Purdue
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just call TMO customer service and tell them you are getting a blackberry and sign up for the BB $19 plan. They'll adjust your billing, etc. and the plan changes that very day or a couple of hours. If I recall, I was back on internet in about 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    oops, sorry - thought you were grandfathered in; seems like it since you've had it for as long as you did - over all of us. Maybe they thought you were still on the $19 plan. I waited 2 weeks and figured it wasn't coming back for us in the Bay Area and got on the Blackberry plan.
    I went on to MyTMobile.com yesterday afternoon, chose one of the Blackberry phones as my phone, then selected the Blackberry Select $19.99 plan and saved the changes. Then I went back in and unselected the phone (so I'm showing no selection/unsupported phone). The changes went into effect, I got the TMO text messaging confirming my billing changes, and I'm now connecting again to everything, no proxy setting, via the T-Zones setting in Network prefs.

Simba, is that how you're doing it, too, or do you have a Blackberry Unlimited selection in your Network Prefs (or did you set up a new one under "Untitled?"

By the way, T-Mobile definitely did not believe I was still on my grandfathered T-Mobile unlimited internet plan before, because I could only connect through the T-Zones setting in Network Prefs (T-Mobile Internet setting canceled itself every timewhen I tried to connect).
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I went on to MyTMobile.com yesterday afternoon, chose one of the Blackberry phones as my phone, then selected the Blackberry Select $19.99 plan and saved the changes. Then I went back in and unselected the phone (so I'm showing no selection/unsupported phone). The changes went into effect, I got the TMO text messaging confirming my billing changes, and I'm now connecting again to everything, no proxy setting, via the T-Zones setting in Network prefs.

Simba, is that how you're doing it, too, or do you have a Blackberry Unlimited selection in your Network Prefs (or did you set up a new one under "Untitled?"

By the way, T-Mobile definitely did not believe I was still on my grandfathered T-Mobile unlimited internet plan before, because I could only connect through the T-Zones setting in Network Prefs (T-Mobile Internet setting canceled itself every timewhen I tried to connect).
    ChristieC - I didn't do it on-line but on the phone to CR. When I tried to change it via on-line, the update won't take til the next billing period. I called CS and they activated the update immediately. So my on-line account, MY TMO, is still the same as to my original non-pda phone. I'm sure the main database has me listed BB. Anyway, settings stay the same on our phone and you connect via T-Zones - as before.
    Is anybody having this same problem in NYC?

I have access to unsecure pages by entering the proxy (which before I didn't have to do), I can receive AND send emails using versamail - but programs that access the web like Google Maps no longer function.

Anybody else?

I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. Like everyone else said - it's happened before... but.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    Is anybody having this same problem in NYC?

I have access to unsecure pages by entering the proxy (which before I didn't have to do), I can receive AND send emails using versamail - but programs that access the web like Google Maps no longer function.

Anybody else?

I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. Like everyone else said - it's happened before... but.....
    I was having exactly that problem, starting on Friday, in Wilmington, DE, just as everyone else across the US has been experiencing over the last couple of months. It has turned out not to be a temporary problem (at least if your definition of temporary is more than a couple of months) in other parts of the US, and the conventional wisdom is that TMO has finally made system changes on the East Coast that are consistent with those they've made in other parts of the country, to prevent folks who are paying only for T-Zones from having unlimited internet access.

Because I don't believe this is a temporary problem, I switched over to Blackberry Connect service for $19.99 a month. However, it would be interesting, if you're willing to go for an indefinite time without access to services that can't be accessed because they don't allow you to enter a proxy (like Google Maps, Kinoma, audio streaming through PTunes, etc.), to see if T-Zones does come back in without a proxy eventually.
    I was having exactly that problem, starting on Friday, in Wilmington, DE, just as everyone else across the US has been experiencing over the last couple of months. It has turned out not to be a temporary problem (at least if your definition of temporary is more than a couple of months) in other parts of the US, and the conventional wisdom is that TMO has finally made system changes on the East Coast that are consistent with those they've made in other parts of the country, to prevent folks who are paying only for T-Zones from having unlimited internet access.

Because I don't believe this is a temporary problem, I switched over to Blackberry Connect service for $19.99 a month. However, it would be interesting, if you're willing to go for an indefinite time without access to services that can't be accessed because they don't allow you to enter a proxy (like Google Maps, Kinoma, audio streaming through PTunes, etc.), to see if T-Zones does come back in without a proxy eventually.
    One other thing before I jump ship to the $19 plan, instead of being "the one" that is a hold out, is the $19BB plan (Isn't is EDGE?) faster than the original $5 T-Zones? I assume that it would be faster than the proxy...

Thanks a lot,

Purdue
    Isn't working for me at all on m Treo 680. Although it is able to fetch my mail with Snappermail, i can't use Mundu nor browse anything on Blazer, haven't tested radio streams yet.

I took out the SIM card and placed it on an older samsung phone and T-Zones was working fine...just ridiculously slow. Any ideas for the proxy?
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    Is the BB plan actually worth it? I use t-zones cause i've heard it's just as fast as the BB or total internet plan. Is it any faster at all? Any Treo 680 users using the BB plan?
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    any way to have the port open from tomtom navigator 6? i have read in other threads that by entering a proxy internet works (which I have already succesfully done)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum View Post
    Is the BB plan actually worth it? I use t-zones cause i've heard it's just as fast as the BB or total internet plan. Is it any faster at all? Any Treo 680 users using the BB plan?
    I haven't notice any difference in speed. I've heard that it's slower. On our 680, you still have to connect with T-zones and not T-Mobile Internet (in Network Preferences).
    I have the 680 and I definitely do not think the BB Connect plan is any slower than T-Zones was and I actually don't think it's any slower than I recollect T-Mobile Internet was when I had it earlier in the year. It doesn't seem any faster, either, though!
    Sometimes I wish there was some sort of 3rd party company for mobile internet needs, of course this would not be necessary if T-Mobile had some worthy internet options.

Oh and, my internet still doesn't work at all. It still seems to be able to fetch my mail from gmail with snappermail, but I can't seem to send it.

Anyone got any solutions to this?
    Try changing your SMTP port. Gmail supports 3 ports for SMTP: 25, 465 and 587. I think T-Mo is blocking 587, but 25 and 465 are open. I've been using port 465 for SMTP successfully the past 3 days. Port 25 also worked, but not as reliably as 465. (Note: you still need to use a secure connection even with port 25 or 465. Google just gives 3 ports because different ISPs block different ports.)
    Port 25 worked, not 465 for Snappermail. I'm still really annoyed that Mundu isn't working at all no matter how many proxy servers i've tried. Anyone know anything that can be done?
    Last edited by Cerebrum; 07/28/2007 at 06:38 PM.