Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of switching our family plan from Cingular to T-mobile. (Our Cingular contract expire next month.) From what I can tell, we would reduce our monthly costs (for all four phones, and one unlimited data plan on my Treo) from about a total of $210/month to $160/month.

For the past several months I've had a prepaid T-mobile phone that I've used to evaluate service. So far, so good: In my neck of the woods, Washington, DC, Cingular and T-Mobile seem to be comparable when it comes to reliability.

Has anyone who's made the switch from Cingular to T-mobile regretted that decision? Are there any gotchas with T-mobile and the Treo?
    If you don't travel much and you live within key metro city areas, you should be ok. Some areas even if the map says you have ample coverage may encounter drop calls.

Cingular and now AT&T have wider coverage.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    It's difficult --it seems-- to compare coverage. I spend 90 percent of my time in major metro areas, but it's that 10 percent, when I'm traveling, that's really important. The problem is that it often takes longer than your 30 switching days to figure out if a particular cellular provider gets a thumbs up or down in terms of reception.