Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Happy Holidays, All!
    Upgraded both mine and my wife's phones to Treo 680s. Both upgrades require us being billed for a 1 month minimum PDA Connect($39.99)package per phone. I asked my rep if I could use our existing SIMs in the 680s. She explained that using them would not connect us to the network with our new PDA plan "profiles". I guess I'm asking if there's a way around the 39.99 plans by using the existing SIMs. Or perhaps after the 1 month trial, I could switch us back to our old SIMs and THEN try to grab the Mediamax 19.99 pkgs? Many thanks to anyone that could help out here.
    Last edited by mkbomb; 12/21/2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Wow, Nineteen views, and no one's got anything helpful to offer? Please, any advice would be great. If I'm stuck, then no problem. I'm just looking for any possible option....

Merry Christmas, Treo Folks!
    The rep fed you a load of crap!!!! even if you do get new sims they still are defaulted to the MediaNet gateway but they charge you for the pda plan. You can switch to the MediaNet plan if you want, if you can get an agent to do it for you.
    I'm pondering the upgrade myself, but my wife wants the Red one, so it'd have to be unlocked.. Myself, I'd likely get Graphite anyway, so might as well get something out of Cingular. But I don't want to change my voice and data plans.. Sheesh.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I'm pondering the upgrade myself, but my wife wants the Red one, so it'd have to be unlocked.. Myself, I'd likely get Graphite anyway, so might as well get something out of Cingular. But I don't want to change my voice and data plans.. Sheesh.
    khaytsus,
    Your last sentence is essentially my question. Will I be able to add my old Mediamax 200 pkg back after cancelling the PDA plan? I'm actually cancelling the PDA plans Immediately. The rep I just spoke with(she was very sharp and knowledgeable)explained that because I'm a Business customer with an acct in good standing, I don't have to keep the PDA plan.
    To add to that, I'm going to be using our existing SIM cards, which I'm assuming will prevent Cng from updating our phone info to show that we have Treos now. So it seems that I should just be able to succesfully add the Mediamax 200 back after that, no?
    Thanks in advance, Mike
    Last edited by mkbomb; 12/26/2006 at 05:18 PM.
    Your best bet would be to purchase the phones unlocked and not from Cingular and then use the SIM cards that you have. Granted, I know you want to get the lower price by going thru Cingular, but that only is in effect if you have the PDA Connect plan and you would be considered defaulting on it (via the Terms of Service of that particular offer) if you changed the plan in the first 6 months).

As for what Cingular knows and does know, they know what phone you use. You cannot hide that.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Your best bet would be to purchase the phones unlocked and not from Cingular and then use the SIM cards that you have. Granted, I know you want to get the lower price by going thru Cingular, but that only is in effect if you have the PDA Connect plan and you would be considered defaulting on it (via the Terms of Service of that particular offer) if you changed the plan in the first 6 months).

As for what Cingular knows and does know, they know what phone you use. You cannot hide that.
    Thanks, Antoine.
    Unfortunately, buying two unlocked phones is not an option for me. We already have our two 680s through Cingular. As I described in my original post, my rep said that I'm free to cancel the PDAConnect $39.99 plans, which I went ahead and did. And I'm pretty convinced via the 680 "battery problems" thread to in fact USE our new "3G" SIMs. Thanks so much for your response, though