1.    #1  
    I was on a subway station in Brooklyn, NY (Nevins Street 10 mins from Manhattan) and I was waiting for the train to come. This station is known to get data and phone service. However, as I'm looking down on the phone, I noticed the data was showing the "U" for UMTS. I was really shocked. I know T-Mo is working on their 3G network, but it did show up for a little bit and then went away. I have an unlocked Tytn so I do get 3G speeds.

I wonder if T-mo is testing the network or if I somehow picked up a cingular connection...the phone was at first picking up no connectivity and then came on as UMTS.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    IIRC several people reported on HowardForums that T-Mo was doing a small test in the New York area.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.