Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sometimes it is not a bad thing to be raped by a girl, dude. Call your lawyer and send a letter to that low-IQ manager and you will be surprised to see his IQ will increase suddenly!
    I feel obligated to point out that the first part of your post makes absolutely no sense.

3.    #43  
    Well, it would take me too long to type the whole story. But we kept going back and forth with Cingular and in the end I had given up and decided I was going to take them to court even if I ended up costing me more than I stood to gain. I was furious.

My wonderful wife, however, was patient and polite and relentless at the same time and ultimately got Cingular to credit my account.

When my contract expires I will be seriously considering Verizon, even though i don't think their reception is that great in rural areas. We shall see.
    Congratulations.. You have 5M of data, use 15-20M a month, then somehow get out of embarassing yourself in court by sueing over overages. How do you do it?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Congratulations.. You have 5M of data, use 15-20M a month, then somehow get out of embarassing yourself in court by sueing over overages. How do you do it?
    Dude, you keep ignoring the fact that I never intended to stay on the 5 MB plan and only initially signed up for that after talking to their sales people who advised me that I can upgrade but not downgrade under the contract. And I called THEM bringing their attention to the fact the bill wasn't right. But acknowledging this would not give you an excuse to rip on me I guess.

Even if you are a caveat emptor guy, you canít believe it is right to increase someoneís bill like that without giving some advanced notice. My business (insurance and investments) has disclosure out the wazoo. We would have to give notice to customers if we changed the way we billed even if it was in agreement with the original contract. We could expect big problems if we just said "hey, let's draft their account by 300% more and see how long it takes for them to catch it."
    You must be a real gun in investments given that you were on top of which data plan was more cost effective
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    You must be a real gun in investments given that you were on top of which data plan was more cost effective
    Ouch.

You guys must work in the tech industry and are bitter at the public at large because you have taken one too many dumb complaints. So that eventually you determine all customer support calls are nonsense. Just like the cop who has heard "i didn't do anything" so many times that he has completey forgotten the possiblity that every blue moon someone might be telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by bocraw
    Dude, you keep ignoring the fact that I never intended to stay on the 5 MB plan and only initially signed up for that after talking to their sales people who advised me that I can upgrade but not downgrade under the contract. And I called THEM bringing their attention to the fact the bill wasn't right. But acknowledging this would not give you an excuse to rip on me I guess.

Even if you are a caveat emptor guy, you canít believe it is right to increase someoneís bill like that without giving some advanced notice. My business (insurance and investments) has disclosure out the wazoo. We would have to give notice to customers if we changed the way we billed even if it was in agreement with the original contract. We could expect big problems if we just said "hey, let's draft their account by 300% more and see how long it takes for them to catch it."
    Dude the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Since youre in insurance and investments, as I am, do you pay more attention to you clients portfolios than your cell phone bill? I would think you'd need to be a bit more diligent than you have been with your cell phone bill. Scary to think you don't care enough about your own affairs to "notice" youre repeatedly going over your data allotment (I check mine every couple days and always know where I am at). What other immportant details do you overlook in your business? Is your E&O current?

As to comparing the cell phone industry to insurance and it's disclosure, that's funny. I wonder what wasnt disclosed to you? 5mb a month and then its per kb. Pretty easy disclosure to understand. You got "advance notice" when you signed up. Face it man, you screwed up and youre too cheap to eat it. If oyur insurance and investment business is doing well, a couple hundred bucks is nothing. You must not be too busy.
  9.    #49  
    Hello! Hello! Woof! I could not check my data usage like you can. That is my whole point. Take some ridilin and pay attention. Had I been able to check my data usage I would not have a case, and would not be in this position in the first place. Cingular could not itemize my data usage until 1/12/06. And that came out of the blue with no notice.

Anyway, yes $1500 is a lot of money to me. Good for you if that is crumbs for you. And yes, in the months before April 15th I do spend more time looking at my clientís statements than my cell phone bill.
    Curious why you couldnt check your account. Is the internet not available where you live/work? Didn't you have a connection on your treo using PDANet? Can't you get to cingular.com with that? Arent there programs available for the treo that track data usage? Isn't it your responsibility to control your usage whether the carrier itemizes it or not? Just because they failed to itemize your usage prior to 1/12/06, doesnt absolve you from this responsibility.

These are all points even a mediocre lawyer will bring up in your suit. All of these also support Cingular's position that youre at fault for the overages.

I am not picking on you. These are all topics that will arise if you sue Cingular.
    Good luck with it though.
    This is why I NEVER use auto pay with any service that could charge me overages or cancellation fees. Eg: DirecTV/DISH, Phone companies. Only with flat rate services such as Netflix, cable modem, satellite radio. Instead, for those, I use the bank's online bill pay which sends a fixed amount to them every month.
    I know this doesn't help (probably just pisses people off) and it's all in hindsight.
    But in many of these cases, I've had billing disputes that would have otherwise billed me automatically to a card.

It's always easier to get them to fix a bill when they haven't collected your money yet, than to get them to give it back after they've charged you.
    Not only that, but at least they'll call you about your 'late' bill, then 'freeze' your service for non-payment if you happen to 'not notice' the over charge, thus bringing it to your attention (abruptly) that you were overcharged.

If anyone is using the auto-card charging payment thingy, I highly suggest you stop and switch to some other form of auto-payment which sends them a fixed $$ amount.

I wonder how the arbitration agreement you signed when you signed the contract affects this law suite you're bringing against Cingular?
    I agree with khaytsus, you had the means of checking what plan you had even if you couldn't check how much data you were using. And again, on your bill it showed on average 5MB a day, nevermind a month. That is certainly noticable without an itemized feedback online. And on top of this, you didn't even check to see how much someone was taking from you each month... Negligence on top of ignorance... you would have been buried in court... I would just take a deep breath and profusely thank your wife...

13.    #53  
    Well said Taylorh.

The rest of guys are idiots. My data usage said zero. Itemized or not. I called to tell them this was wrong and asked how I could view my data.

<ommited text sent to poster for editing>

The data part of my bill was not there. I could not view it on paper. I could not look it up on my phone. I could not call in. I could not see it online. It was not there. I can go back and view my past bills and it still isn't there. I would have used Cingular's own bills to prove this in court. IF there was a lawsuit, which there is not.

I'm through discussing it. Thanks to all of those who constructively discussed my delima.
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 08/08/2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Hey, easy on the "*****" thing. No one here insulted you, just because people question your reasoning is no reason to call them idiots. The point everyone here is trying to make is that there is no excuse as to not knowing what you plan were on, and based on the screenshots you posted, you could have easily known that you were going far beyond what you had paid for. It did not have to be written on paper for you to know what you were doing. You should have "felt" (for lack of a better word) that you were going way over your limit. Some people are not sensitive to that kind of thing, for example I can tell you to the nearest 10KB how much data I transferred based on what's on my screen, others to nearest 1MB, but you were transferring 5MB a day and sometimes more, surely you knew that you might've been transferring more than what was allocated to you. Then you turn around and blame Cingular, sorry but I as well as others find that incredibly hard to believe.

It's also funny how anyone who agrees with you gets a "Well said!" and anyone who disagrees with you is an "*****".

Quote Originally Posted by bocraw
    Well said Taylorh.

The rest of guys are idiots. My data usage said zero. Itemized or not. I called to tell them this was wrong and asked how I could view my data. Woof, you *****, what part of this do you not understand? Did you used to work for Cingular? Who would invest money with someone as illiterate as you? The data part of my bill was not there. I could not view it on paper. I could not look it up on my phone. I could not call in. I could not see it online. It was not there. I can go back and view my past bills and it still isn't there. I would have used Cingular's own bills to prove this in court. IF there was a lawsuit, which there is not.

I'm through discussing it. Thanks to all of those who constructively discussed my delima.
    Lovely. Ask a few questions and get called names. Very mature. Look up illiterate. You've missed the mark with that one.

Since I am not afraid to answer questions.
    No I have never worked for Cingular.
    No one invests with me, because I do the insurance part. Not because I am illiterate, as my ability to read your insults and respond to your questions clearly indicates.

One more for you even though youre not gonna respond any more. Why couldnt you call in and check your bill? 611 on your phone not work? ( I guess thats 2)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123